VCD/SVCD Creation

All aspects of creating media (DVD, Blu-ray, VCD or SVCD) including authoring and menu creation.

Moderators: Admin, Moderator Team

Crash

VCD/SVCD Creation

Post by Crash »

Hi all!

I am newbie to this forum....and to the topic actually...
The thing is, my parents bought a dvd/svcd/vcd/mp3 player for the TV (is not very used in my country, Argentina), and they asked me if i could give em some movies to watch....
I have many I downloaded from the internet, dvd-rip mostly, and I have the latest Nero Version...I´d like to convert that movies to a SVCD but Nero keeps tellin me "due to license patents, mpeg2 encoding is not allowed"...
When I try to create a VCD (not SVCD) Nero enlarges the file to 900 mb which obviously can´t be saved in 1 cd-rom...

The question is: how can I make a SVCD from a .avi/.mov/.mpg or other formats file?
I´ve been watching this site a lil bit, and I think that u guys know a lot more than what I need, so THANKS !!! I´ll appreciate if u could help me :)

PS: sorry for my grammar/spelling mistakes....I´ve sit for FCE exam 5 years ago, and since then never touched an english book again !! =)
Raptor
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by Raptor »

The Mpeg-2 encoder is an add-on to Nero, you can order it through www.nero.com
The UNDERGROUND
[url]http://theundergroundtv.com[/url]
Music television for unsigned bands
Crash

Post by Crash »

that could help a lot...
thx =)
Austin

Post by Austin »

There are programs you can download that can you can convert file format and or take off the protection, i can tell you off the top of my head what the one i have is, and im at school so i cant look, so as soon as i get home ill reply back and tell you. :D
El Brenty

Post by El Brenty »

I've a friend who uses a program called DVD shrink, that allows you to shrink down DVDs, so they fit onto SVCDs. It also removes any niggling region problems, irrespective of where the DVD came from.

He said he downloaded it for free.

I have no more information, so good luck in your search, and hope you come up with a good solution!
Moderating behind the bushes!
Matt
Webmaster
Webmaster

Post by Matt »

DVDShrink can be used for shrinking a set of DVD files so they fit onto a DVD-R.

If you've got a DivX file off the internet and you want to convert it then its best to use TMPGEnc.

Go to DVDrHelp and check out some of their guides for DivX to VCD conversion. They also have links to the tools you need in their 'Tools' section.
Austin

Post by Austin »

the program that i was thinking of is DVD Decrypter, with this program you can rip the DVD to your comp and choose not to keep the region settings, then you can do what you want with it. :D