matrix jump....

All aspects of low budget special effects.

Moderators: Admin, Moderator Team

laxster08

matrix jump....

Post by laxster08 »

prob been ask before but i just got home from work and i'm to lazy to search for it...how do u make the matrix jump..u know how they jump across buildings..and how do u make it look real...not cheesy...thanks guys...

ps.after effects and pinnacle to work w/
mark_essex_87
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by mark_essex_87 »

i think they used wires to do those jumps?!
[url=http://www.downfallband.co.uk]Downfall Band[/url] < Now With 2 Songs! ;)
insert_coin
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by insert_coin »

uhh you could be crafty film a back plate of your scene then put up a green screen get your actor to jump in the air then eliminate the green and animate your character moving with keyframes add some blur to simulate motion and then film a long shot do the same thing and then film your shot of your actor landing and off camera just have a crate or box and get the actor to jump off the box... simple, people do the same for jedi's jumping
[img]http://members.iinet.net.au/~corkill/aaronv2/oldsite/temp/v2banner.jpg[/img]
[url]http://www.aaronv2.vze.com/[/url]
Ivan Speilberg

Post by Ivan Speilberg »

Pretty cool Insert_Coin:Drf
I have done that effect by other methods, using climbing equipment and wires but never tought about doing it your way. Mine loocks more REALISTIC, but yours is less time consuming.:)
Mrdodobird

Post by Mrdodobird »

I actually did an example of this effect the other day, but I dont have webspace. Many (well, a couple) people I show it to think I actually jumped. It's not the EXACT effect, but it's close enough. I used after effects, but nothing I did couldn't also be done with Premier. I ran into the screen, and jumped I had to jump high in the first place, otherwise it wouldn't look any good. In the jump, I crouched down, then leaped. I chose the frame when i was the most crouched down, then sped up the footage for the rest of the jump. I sped it up 300 percent. Then I copied the last frame, traced around my body, added blur, and had the traced out image of me fly out of the frame. I then did the same for a landing. The results were surpriseing. I'd show you the example, but I have no webspace.
ChibiVader
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by ChibiVader »

Mrdodobird, if you have AIM, add me (MyothrSNisCheese) and I'll host it for you.
I3lade203
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by I3lade203 »

I got to this post to late.. i was gonna say what ic said, if you time it right and have the right movements you may be able to pull it off.... for the real matrix they used a harness system and masked out the wires
Sigs suck a**.
Mrdodobird

Post by Mrdodobird »

Allright! Thanks ChibiVader for hosting...
The effect I was talking about a bit earlier....

http://s94958815.onlinehome.us/download ... mptest.mov

Again, only made in twenty minutes. If I had wanted it to be really good, I would have added blur to when I was first jumping, but when you view it full speed, you can't really tell. (you can see a jerk, (no, not me!) when I first jump, and if I had blurred it that would be gone)
Epsilon
Forum Master
Forum Master

Post by Epsilon »

Darn you ChibiVader! You take all the people I offer web hosting to. :P

Looks pretty good. I like the impacting shake when you come back down.
Syras
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Syras »

how do u guys do camera shake? is it hand animated in after effects or is there a filter?
Mrdodobird

Post by Mrdodobird »

You can do it in Premier, but in After Effects, it's as simple as putting a frame at the beginning of when you want the shake, and at the end, (make sure the mosition option is animatable), select the two keyframes, and used the "wiggle" effect, make the frequency really high, turn down the amplitude, and if you turn on the blur option, it looks even better. Is that too confusing?
ChibiVader
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by ChibiVader »

Made perfect sense to me.
BrownCowStudios
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by BrownCowStudios »

Yeah, camera shake can really add to an effect. Take an explosion for example. Usually it just looks weak by itself. Add a nice sound effect or two and some camera shake, and your effect is now more effective, and more natural looking.
Vamp
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Vamp »

How did you do the jump effect though?
www.neverdead.co.nr
Ornsack

Post by Ornsack »

Who Vamp? Who ya talking to? Lol
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=loFABl-1Zcw]THE SALESMAN - YouTube[/url]
Mrdodobird

Post by Mrdodobird »

Whoa! you ever write a post, then look at it later, and it looks amazingly fragmented and confusing? That'll teach me to write when I'm tired, eh?
SgtPadrino
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by SgtPadrino »

If this guy's too lazy to search for on a forum, what makes you think he'll actually do everything you people are suggesting? I tell you, these kids nowadays need to get their own ideas. In MAH day, we didn't look at these newfangled 500 million dollar movie trilogies and actually believe that we could DO stunts from them. WE had a sense of reality. You damned kids....
film fanatic
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by film fanatic »

Oh shut up you Space Cowboy
Epsilon
Forum Master
Forum Master

Post by Epsilon »

lol You are too down to earth, SgtPadrino! They say, "Learn from the masters." :P
townshend88

Post by townshend88 »

that was really f*** cool.
Themovieman44
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Themovieman44 »

lmfao Sgt. Padrino. Thats how I feel and I am a kid myself lol. Be creative.
"They're people who only want to be involved in filmmaking to get rich, get famous, or get laid. They know as much about filmmaking as George W. Bush knows about hand-to-hand combat"- Jim Jarmusch