Stock Film Footage/Photography

A general forum for all messages that don't quite fit into the other forums.

Moderators: Admin, Moderator Team

Bent_Barrel

Stock Film Footage/Photography

Post by Bent_Barrel »

How many of you guys use stock film footage. I ran across a stock film footage site and became curious about the diversity and convenience that stock footage could bring to an already strapped amateur film budget. That 1200 pound grizzly bear will be much easier to do now that I have found the stock footage. Now al I have to do is find a 6'4" 170lb hippie eating granola to film on a green screen lol...

Seriously though, how many have used or considered using stock film footage and its adversities and positives?
Epsilon
Forum Master
Forum Master

Post by Epsilon »

Well, you can create a hippie any time you want. The grizzly to a toughie to get though!

I would use stock footage if I want a gigantic explosion to occur but no way I could get ahold of a gallon of black powder. Use stock footage for actions/objects you cannot create. But believe me, If you don't shave for a week and throw on some tie die... whoala! A hippie! :wink:
foxwood
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by foxwood »

I haven't found a good place for it, but I was consitering using stock footage for a cansaled project, to get some nice flyover of forrests and such.
death to traitors

Post by death to traitors »

yeah i guess if i could find some stock footage that would work for me i would use it but i havent had the luck. i would also worry about seeing it in 5 other peoples projects. i did use some gory pictures to put in this little 2 min thing i was working on. but they were used for 0nly a few seconds in random spots of the film. so i dont know if that counts
Bent_Barrel

Post by Bent_Barrel »

I dont see why that wouldnt count. Its stock photography. I was goofing around and ran across a couple places that had it and was curious how much would actually be useable or be able to be placed in a film.
Vamp
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Vamp »

What's the site? What's the site!
www.neverdead.co.nr
Bent_Barrel

Post by Bent_Barrel »

http://www.artbeats.com/ is one of them... Its pretty expensive though. Im not sure I could afford even stock footage though.