Am i too bossy?

A general forum for all messages that don't quite fit into the other forums.

Moderators: Admin, Moderator Team

Famous
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Am i too bossy?

Post by Famous »

It seems sad to me that my best freind doesn't like doing movies as much as I do.
I mean when i tell him i will bring my camara ....He gets all p***...It bothers me that I think when I try to do this he loves it when we try to do it he hates it.

He doesn't like my ideas or he doesn't like doing this...Am I to bossy?

Signed "Lost"
Tropical Films/Short Film Industries.
Director, Editor, Producer, Camera, Actor, Script Writer.
Since 2003.
U.S.Amateurfilmaker
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by U.S.Amateurfilmaker »

You're not being bossy, I guess he just doesn't like to get involved.
CEO
Dimension 9 Studios
Epsilon
Forum Master
Forum Master

Post by Epsilon »

Hah, welcome to the real world. Most of my friends don't give a sh*t about making movies. They just like watching them. Eventually you will run into people who share the same interests as you. Especially when you reach the college level, everyone will treat you more professionally. In high school, if you claim you are going to make a movie, almost everyone is going to laugh. Find friends who share those ambitions and go for it! Don't forget filmmaking all together because one friend doesn't appreciate it as much as you do.

Hope this helps!
El Brenty

Post by El Brenty »

Just because he's your good friend doesn't mean you two like all the same things. You may find someone else who isn't all that close as a friend may share a common interest in your filming, and work better with you.
Syras
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Syras »

alternatively u could find an aquaintance to use as an enforcer (i prefer triad members but wateva friendly gang is near u will do), send them round to the uncooperative friend's place and test a movie effect on his letterbox
Carnage7p
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Carnage7p »

i have that exact problem with my friends. it is soo similar that its insane actually
Epsilon
Forum Master
Forum Master

Post by Epsilon »

I'll say, "Hey guys! You wanna do a World War 2 flick? It'll be fun! We could blow stuff up and do a whole d-day scene!"

They'll say, "Um, I guess."

Which bewilders me, cause I'd be excited if someone asked me to be a part of a film! They're just duds I guess, which is why none of them are at this forum even though I've told them about it. :|
Matt
Webmaster
Webmaster

Post by Matt »

Some people love film stuff while others just don't see the point. The only thing to suggest is to try and get them to come up with the main film idea and let you worry about filming it. That way they may see it more as a joint project rather than helping you do your project. Unfortunately they might just not like film making. Can't understand it myself but these people do exist ....
JJJSWIFT

Post by JJJSWIFT »

That happens to me A LOT....i get ideas for movies and i write things down i plan out shots and ideas and things, and then i call up my buddies and they "Are Busy" lol. Half the time they arent, but what i do is go to all my classes and like tell everyone i know "IM making a movie" and tell them what its about and i eventually get a bunch of people to come. I made a movie one time with a bunch of people i barely knew....now i talk to them on a regular basis and they are gunna be in an upcoming movie of mine
Reiji

Post by Reiji »

As long as it's fun to film (ie just shoot the scenes in a flowing way, not stop-start stand-here) and do the special effects and stuff on the PC they should be OK. Then show them the tape. Believe me, next time you may just get away wih something more complex.
[size=84][color=white][url=http://www.reijigames.tk]REIJIGAMES.TK[/url]
---
PLOT-DRIVEN STYLISH GAMES
REALTIME CG MOVIES[/color]

[color=blue]Intel Inside[/color]
[color=orange]Idiot Outside[/color][/size]
Epsilon
Forum Master
Forum Master

Post by Epsilon »

First step is find find buddies that share your filming ambition, then you can worry about complex moviemaking!