Phwoar..I have many a question about DVD burning inside...

All aspects of creating media (DVD, Blu-ray, VCD or SVCD) including authoring and menu creation.

Moderators: Admin, Moderator Team

gogogopogo

Phwoar..I have many a question about DVD burning inside...

Post by gogogopogo »

Hi all. I read the forums all the time, but almost never post. However, I am having to author a DVD for a project and a portfolio for myself, and I am having a few problems and a few questions for all who can help me out here:

1. In Adobe Encore (the try-out version, just to see what it's like), I imported a movie file of mine that was .avi (freshly exported from Adobe Premiere). Problem was that the picture was COMPLETELY messed up (small green horizontal lines, repeating image all over the screen). Do I have to convert my .avi file to an mpeg file using Windows Media Series 9 encoder to get it to work properly?

2. I know Encore can do 16x9 (I film everything in true 16x9 mode on my camera - fullscreen is the past for me, lol), but I do not know whether it will make it have the black bars on the top and bottom of a 4:3 TV. Do I have to configure something else for it to do that?

3. I de-interlaced all my footage in my movie - when it's on DVD, will the resolution make it look bad on a TV?

If someone can help me out with this, that'd be great. I'm up against a brick wall with this thing, and the more hands pushing against it, the better :)