Guns

A general forum for all messages that don't quite fit into the other forums.

Moderators: Admin, Moderator Team

rankz

Guns

Post by rankz »

For action films what sort of guns do people use? I made a film using cap guns and the guns were pathetic, they were far to quiet and fake. I was wanting to know what sort of guns people use in their films? :?
I3lade203
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by I3lade203 »

I use just any other plastic gun, but if you want to spend money, you could use one of those air guns or a bb gun they look real
foxwood
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by foxwood »

All your guns will sound fake unless you have will be quiet, because you dub in the shots later anyway.
DAZMAN
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by DAZMAN »

ya thats rite. with a few well placed muzzle flashes and sond fx you could make a potato gun seem like a 9mm lol
DAZMAN
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by DAZMAN »

ya thats rite. with a few well placed muzzle flashes and sound fx you could make a potato gun seem like a 9mm lol
rankz

Post by rankz »

But I don't know how to use a editing proggramme, and i don't know if my camera will ink up with the computor
Vamp
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Vamp »

Well the only thing you can do is find out if your camera links up your PC, find a copy of Premiere and read the help-file.

That's what I did.
www.neverdead.co.nr
Vamp
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Vamp »

Oh, by the way, for action films they usually use blank firing guns. Goto www.asylumfilms.cjb.net ---> Projects ------> Period One -----> Other Downloads and download the preview scene. That was done with a cap gun.
www.neverdead.co.nr
death to traitors

Post by death to traitors »

well i dont recommend using plastic guns or cap guns. having quility props is just as important as a camera or a script. i recommend getting on ebay or going to http://airgunsbbguns.com and look for a gun with blow back. i have a few guns a ppk,revolver and one other. yeah they are 40-100 but it is worth it in the end pluse it is fun to shoot stuff with when your not making a film
jlitjens

Post by jlitjens »

Vamp wrote:Oh, by the way, for action films they usually use blank firing guns. Goto www.asylumfilms.cjb.net ---> Projects ------> Period One -----> Other Downloads and download the preview scene. That was done with a cap gun.
Wow, that looked very effective! What recipe did you use for the fake blood?

I read your script, a little depressing eh? :cry:
CrowneyBar

Post by CrowneyBar »

if you havent got a capture card (fire wire) for your pc , you will have to accept the fact that you will not be able to overdub. But this is the fun about film making before i had a pc i tried to make a gun shot. Well, we got a cherry bomb (please, im not recommending this) and tied it to the back of onr o those plastic pound shop guns. God, looking at it now i still think its the funniest damn thing ever, the explosion was sotrong we made it look like the character who got shot fell back 10 feet, it worked, my Ma tought John (mate) shot Colin (other mate), dont get me started about what we did to his forehead! lol, i think ill go watch that now.
Vamp
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Vamp »

Thanks,

I used...

One tbspn of Golden Syrup
" " of Red Food Coloring
" " of Yellow " "
Water

I thought that blood batch was too watered down though, the stuff in the beginning of the film looks better :)
www.neverdead.co.nr
El Brenty

Post by El Brenty »

We're using Detective Special 8-shot ring-cap guns for all our filming! ALso I'm doing a live-head-shot stunt in the local Cafe on April Fool's day! I'm arranging for friends to go along and pretend they are regular customers to help out if problems start from my having the back of my head shot out! I'm just sooooo naughty!
Moderating behind the bushes!
Vamp
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Vamp »

I hope you're filming that!
www.neverdead.co.nr
Twabi2
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Twabi2 »

So do I :)

Also, i bought some special caps, who sound so f*** hard, the label says 125db (that's more then a Mig) :p
Epsilon
Forum Master
Forum Master

Post by Epsilon »

Oh just dub the sounds, it'll make your life easier!
SgtPadrino
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by SgtPadrino »

Airsoft guns are worth it. Realistic props with fun shooting each other in between filming. Two Uzis, a Remington sawed off shotgun, a desert eagle, two AK47s and an M16A2 is our current arsenal. All of them will be making an appearance in our next movie. Guns = fun. Well, as long as you're being safe of course. Don't want to be arrested (like me) now do you?
El Brenty

Post by El Brenty »

Vamp wrote:I hope you're filming that!
We'll try, but as soon as I have the equipment built, I'm going to film the effect, and post it as a tutorial. It also places a bullet hole at the front of my head - Entry point!
Carnage7p
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Carnage7p »

very nice! are you going to ask the cafe for permission first? lol
El Brenty

Post by El Brenty »

Nope, it's an April Fool on them! LOL! I know the owner and his family who work there very well, so my friend mark and I are doing it as a mega-wind-up! We're going to fool around with our cheesy cap guns a bit when we go in, then we'll get into an arguement (Mark switches to the prop-gun), and blows a hole right through my head - or at least that's what it'll look like! I'm wicked!

For this to work, we need a compressed air cylinder, that'll be concealed in a bag that goes under the table. Mark plugs into the bag (He has a compressed air line and electronic switch line on the gun that he plugs into, which in turn is threaded down his arm, along his back, down his trouser leg, and plugs into the bag using sockets provided. I have an air-line runnign up my trouser leg, up my back (Taped on so it doesn't twist) coming to the back of my head! More details will get posted as a tutorial as to the specifics, but it's going to be a brilliant effect, and Vamp has given me the inspiration for a Fake Brains recipe!
Epsilon
Forum Master
Forum Master

Post by Epsilon »

Haha! I like this! If you can get it all on video, this is something you could submit to Jay Leno or some talk show!

Make sure an actual guest doesn't pull out a real gun and shoot your friend. :shock:
film fanatic
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by film fanatic »

that will never happen in Britain... (actually, it happens all the time)