When using the Adobe MPEG Encoder in Premiere,

A general forum for all messages that don't quite fit into the other forums.

Moderators: Admin, Moderator Team

Vamp
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

When using the Adobe MPEG Encoder in Premiere,

Post by Vamp »

Is there anyway I can select which codec I want to use, or is the only codec in Premiere that exports to MPEG the Adobe Encoder? Would I only be able to use the bundled codecs when exporting to AVI, Tiff, Quicktime etc?
www.neverdead.co.nr
Raptor
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by Raptor »

SHould be able to use them, I attempted to install the LSX codec i( Version 2 suite) nto pro, and it appears as an option, but then gives me an error on the audio when I attempt to render, and then crashes when I clear the error. The MPEG encoder built in seems pretty good if you select a constant bit rate from the video options tab, and then set it to a higher value. I usually use 10000 to 12000
The UNDERGROUND
[url]http://theundergroundtv.com[/url]
Music television for unsigned bands
Vamp
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Vamp »

See when I goto the MPEG Encoder screen, there's no option to select another codec, and I don't think any of the other codecs can export to MPEG, in the CTRL-M Dialogue there's a downdrop asking what file type to use... There's AVI, Microsoft? Video 1, Tiff, Quicktime etc but no MPEG... What Microsoft Video 1?

Also when I increase the bitrate to something very high like 8000 when saving to MPEG using the MPEG encoder, it makes the exported footage look very blocky and choppy.

How do you use LSX if not in Premiere then?
www.neverdead.co.nr
Raptor
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by Raptor »

I use LSX in Premiere 6.0 In pro I use the Adobe MPEG codec. The Mpeg encoder in Pro will; only use the adobe codec. With the high bitrate it is probably because of your machine if it gets choppy on playback. Make sure when you paly it back there is nothing else running. Choopiness is generally a result of the performance of the system you are viewing it on. What are the specs of the machine, including OS?
The UNDERGROUND
[url]http://theundergroundtv.com[/url]
Music television for unsigned bands