VCD Video Freezes

All aspects of creating media (DVD, Blu-ray, VCD or SVCD) including authoring and menu creation.

Moderators: Admin, Moderator Team

MarkA87

VCD Video Freezes

Post by MarkA87 »

Whenever I put video on VCD - normally music video's etc.. - I always get freezes in the video - the audio carries on but video stops for a sec or so. - Anyone know what the problem may be? - I've tried burning at the lowest speed but the VCD still does it. It happens randomly and not in the same place each time. :cool:
Adam

Post by Adam »

Does this happen when you play the VCD's on your PC ? If not then the problem lies either with the type of CDR you are using or you stand alone DVD player. Try the disks in a friends machine or try a different brand of CDR.
MarkA87

Post by MarkA87 »

I play them using a stand alone DVD player - the video's play fine on the computer as MPG's but I haven't tried as VCD. I've tried different CDR's - but haven't tried on a different DVD player.
Matt
Webmaster
Webmaster

Post by Matt »

What are you using the author the VCD? I would agree with Adam that those sort of problems are usually due to the DVD player not liking the flavour of CDR you are using.

Try a using CDRW as well.
MarkA87

Post by MarkA87 »

Use Nero 5.5 to burn the VCD - tried using CDRW's same thing happens - tried using HP CD's and Memorex one's - same thing happens! :( Oh well maybe I'll buy a DVDRW soon. :P