Film Scoring contest

This forum is for discussing all aspects of film soundtracks.

Moderator: Moderator Team

I3lade203
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by I3lade203 »

I downloaded it , but whenever I open it in windows media player it seems to just play 2 seconds of a quote and thats it..
Sigs suck a**.
foxwood
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by foxwood »

now that is strange There might be somthing wrong with the surver and its not dling right, I just had a problem with it, so in other words my brother might have done someting, all I can say is try it again tommarow.
I3lade203
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by I3lade203 »

Ok, will do
Sigs suck a**.
foxwood
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by foxwood »

if anybody ealse has this problem IM me and I will just send you the clip, just be sure to say thats what you want in the first line, so I don't close the window.
Rico

Post by Rico »

As for me not participating in the competition... Lack of time! I'm just finishing the last cues for another movie which have a deadline September 3rd (must be submitted to a festival by then), so it's tight...

I guess other composers may have the same "problem" - the timing can be crucial some times, and at the end of the summer I guess a lot of projects are about to be wrapped up? And by reading the posts on this forum I take it that there aren't that many composers around here?

Anyway - I'm too sure I won't have the time to compose something worthy for Your clip this time (deadline tonight, right?), but please don't hesitate to ask again for Your next movie! ;)

Cheers,
Rico
Scores for Your movie
[url]http://www.fredrikblom.com[/url]
foxwood
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by foxwood »

it seems that the deadline needs to be thrown away again, because it seems that that is the problem. And I'm not done with the flick yet anyway, so screw the deadline.
Rico

Post by Rico »

...so screw the deadline.
*lol*

Well, I guess You have time to wait for a final descision if the movie isn't ready yet, though I can understand the anxiety to have everything in place...

As a composer, I always feel it is better to have a chance to look at the whole movie, even if it's a rough cut, to get a feel for the complete thing before starting to score.
That way it's much easier to get major themes and continuity in place. Re-edits and refining will always be done, but a rough edit will still give You a better chance to get in the right mood for the score...
It is also easier to commit to a project where the actual movie is more or less "done", rather than committing to some vague script that may or may not be a movie some day...

If You extend the deadline (or remove it), I'll gladly have a go at scoring those first four minutes when I'm done with my other current work (or need a break from it to get the creativity going again - it's usually not a problem working with several projects at the same time, as long as their deadlines are spread apart)...

Regards,
Rico
Scores for Your movie
[url]http://www.fredrikblom.com[/url]
foxwood
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by foxwood »

The deadline is gone. if anybody feels that they need the entire thing so that they can score it, I can get you a ruff cut. But I'm not going to put that up for all to see.
BrownCowStudios
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by BrownCowStudios »

I figured I might as well give it a go, but after watching the intro, I can see why there isn't a huge interest. No offense, but the piece is very unprofessional. Before moving on and trying to get great music, I'd first work on the visual aspect. Very few people will sit through a film just for its music.

You have the VX2000, correct? Not at all what I'd call the greatest representation of the cam's ability. I've gotten better results out of a single chip. Again, I'm not trying to sound cocky, but I was just really disappointed by what I saw. Better luck next time?
Erm... yeah...
I3lade203
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by I3lade203 »

It still won't work for me :evil: , foxwood next time your on aim would you mind sending it to me?
Sigs suck a**.
foxwood
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by foxwood »

BrownCowStudios wrote: I'm not trying to sound cocky,
Not to sound like an a** but you failed. So show us some of those clips that you have gotten more impact out of. That and you watched an unfinished clip. So yes you sound like a cocky person who has shown nothing.
SgtPadrino
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by SgtPadrino »

Quit acting like a prick every time somebody offers criticizm on your s***, because hey, believe it or not, most of it looks pretty amateurish. If you can't handle the criticizm, don't f*** put your movies online.
foxwood
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by foxwood »

SgtPadrino wrote:Quit acting like a prick every time somebody offers criticizm on your s***, because hey, believe it or not, most of it looks pretty amateurish. If you can't handle the criticizm, don't f*** put your movies online.
your one to be talking.
I3lade203
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by I3lade203 »

Foxwoods stuff ussually is good, so I don't see why you people are complaining :roll:
Sigs suck a**.
SgtPadrino
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by SgtPadrino »

foxwood wrote: your one to be talking.
Yeah, except I don't act like a f*** nob everytime somebody says they don't like my movies.
I3lade203
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by I3lade203 »

Anyway , back on topic, I would love to compose a piece , only one small problem - don't know how !
Sigs suck a**.
SgtPadrino
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by SgtPadrino »

The only program that I know of that's easy to use is Cakewalk - hell, I figured out the free demo when I was like twelve or something.
I3lade203
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by I3lade203 »

Sounds good - I never really was into composing, just something i'm not good at.
Sigs suck a**.
BrownCowStudios
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by BrownCowStudios »

Calm down....
foxwood wrote:Not to sound like an a** but you failed.
Alright, maybe I was too blunt. I appologize.
So show us some of those clips that you have gotten more impact out of.
I don't have any webspace at the moment. The server I was working on uploading things to went down, so I'm looking for a new host. In the mean time though, I'd be happy to share some clips and such with you. Hit me up next time you're on AIM. I'm currently working on a few projects, but I'll share some of my older work.
That and you watched an unfinished clip.
I understand. But bad footage (or should I say amateurish) footage is bad (amateurish) footage. It won't change just because its a rough cut.
So yes you sound like a cocky person who has shown nothing.
Pardon? Perhaps I've shown very little to this online community, sure, I'll give that to you, but to say I've shown nothing? I know I've shared a few stills and a clip here or there. They're buried in other threads though.
Erm... yeah...
I3lade203
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by I3lade203 »

This thread has become a war :roll:
Sigs suck a**.
foxwood
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by foxwood »

BrownCowStudios wrote:Calm down....
foxwood wrote:Not to sound like an a** but you failed.
Alright, maybe I was too blunt. I appologize.
So show us some of those clips that you have gotten more impact out of.
I don't have any webspace at the moment. The server I was working on uploading things to went down, so I'm looking for a new host. In the mean time though, I'd be happy to share some clips and such with you. Hit me up next time you're on AIM. I'm currently working on a few projects, but I'll share some of my older work.
That and you watched an unfinished clip.
I understand. But bad footage (or should I say amateurish) footage is bad (amateurish) footage. It won't change just because its a rough cut.
So yes you sound like a cocky person who has shown nothing.
Pardon? Perhaps I've shown very little to this online community, sure, I'll give that to you, but to say I've shown nothing? I know I've shared a few stills and a clip here or there. They're buried in other threads though.
To point out it is going to look amaturish, at times becuase......Its and amature film.

And I don't act like a nod every time I get critisied, I defend myself, the same as everybody who takes hits on their films, I just tend to be the guy to takes s*** for defending mt stuff.
Sol-X

Post by Sol-X »

i'd just like to add that if you decide to use me then i will charge £30

keyboard cost £115 and the time factor of scoring a movie

all added to the fact that i have offered to do it for free and i'm the only one who bothered to do it for you, even tho i am workin on other stuff i still fount time, so if you are wanting to push deadline sback so some1 else can coem along then fine, but if no1 does and u wanna get me to do the whole score then i am charging £30

thankyou
Towels42

Post by Towels42 »

...Hmm, sounds expensive, lol. If I had any musical talent, I'd be happy to offer something. I'm downloading Sol-X's piece as I type... it might very well be worth every cent.
I3lade203
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by I3lade203 »

Lol, If/when hireing a composer foxwood, I suggest you just meet the person in person.
Sigs suck a**.
Sol-X

Post by Sol-X »

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/6/solxfilm.htm

more music got a soundclick for it now, gonna have updates daily or everyother day with new music