Film Scoring contest

This forum is for discussing all aspects of film soundtracks.

Moderator: Moderator Team

foxwood
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Film Scoring contest

Post by foxwood »

Since I am looking for a compser and a few people have offred their services, and I want to pick the best person I have orcestrated a little contest. Below will be a link to the opening credit sequence of my film, and the script, your mission is, to score the sequence, and post it back with the music attached.
I will share the entrys with my fellow producers, and we will pick our favorate. If you don't get picked well other people will have seen what you can do. And if you don't care about this well you get to see a ruff cut of the first three min of my next movie.

The file is 20mb so that it will still look half desent after the second compresion when you send me back, I can make it smaller if requested. the scene is 4min long. It is ruff, and lacks the voice over, but thats in the script. the file is a .wmv because I don't have the quicktime codecs to renderwith, sorry to any mac users, restasured that I will put the final product up in quicktime, as well.

The basic idea of the movie is its a demon fighting an angle.

The cut off date orignaly the 20th has been extended to, not sure when, I will anounce when I deside to cut it off, that will corispond with the finishing of a good visual cut. As a note the film is clocking it at about 29min.

movie http://68.57.123.32/movies/score_test.wmv
script http://68.57.123.32/movies/scripts/ATas ... geddon.rtf

Good luck I hope to see some entries. And the only way I can pay you is by putting your name in the credits, and sending you a copy of the DVD.

If you need to send it Via e-mail Rblboy13@comcast.net
Last edited by foxwood on Sat Aug 21, 2004 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
John Groshko
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by John Groshko »

This maybe a stupid question; but does it have to be original (composed ourselves) music?
My films;

http://video.google.ca/videosearch?q=groshko
foxwood
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by foxwood »

Ya it should be orignal, because I could make a scound track that was made up of other movie soundtracks. I need an orignal soundtrack so that I can take this to film festivels, and try and get a working relation with a composer things like that. So yes it needs to be orignal.
Epsilon
Forum Master
Forum Master

Post by Epsilon »

Not at this time, but maybe in the near future. I'm trying to establish a musical career for myself to start!
foxwood
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by foxwood »

So no body is interested I take it?
DeadLogic
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by DeadLogic »

I'll do it but I dont think I'm anywhere near the quality that you'd want... I'm just doing it for fun, although on the off chance you find it good then I guess I do it... But I seriously doubt I'l any good.
Rico

Post by Rico »

Well, I downloaded the clip and my intention was to have a go at it, but time has not been on my side this week. I have a vague idea of going at it this night, but I'll probably not be able to make it to the deadline... It sure looked interesting though :)

Regards,
Rico
Scores for Your movie
[url]http://www.fredrikblom.com[/url]
Sol-X

Post by Sol-X »

ok i'm on dial up so might take couple of hours to download and finish the music, plus instead of puttin it on the film i will send to you mp3 so u can put it in place

i'll be back later with something
foxwood
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by foxwood »

cool, and deadlogic, just give it a shot, its not like its the best movie ever, I would love to see that you could do. And Sol-X thanks I look forward to seeing what you come up with.
Sol-X

Post by Sol-X »

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/4/solxbeatsmusic.htm

top one called army intro, download and put str8 intro ur movie software thingy and should be on perfect timing

maybe out cos my cpu couldnt handle playin the movie plus the music at once but i did it best i could
foxwood
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by foxwood »

Sol-X got the page to load, guess it was just being picky, downloaded, I liked it, put it into the movie, it syniced rather well untill the end, but that was because of a few changes that had happoned snece I posted the clip. I really liked it.
I am going to extend the contest about another week, or so, depends on how long it takes to get a final visual cut that I am happy with. If nobody ealse gives me anything, or does anything better, then Sol-X you have the job. :D
Sol-X

Post by Sol-X »

it kinda drags on a bit cos 1- your movie intro is very long, 2- i havent got a keyboard yet so its hard to make longer melodies while using my typing keyboard as the piano

hope to get a real keyboard soon, then producion will be better
foxwood
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by foxwood »

cool. Ya the intro is long, but will work better once I get the Voice overs into it. And it alows time to set up a good theme.
foxwood
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by foxwood »

well, I'm going to give ya'll till the end of friday to put forth any more entrys, if not I am just going to declare Sol-X the winner becuase he is the only entry.
DeadLogic
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by DeadLogic »

Well, I cant say I WANT to win, because scoring it is a big commitment, and I'm not that good at it... I might submit what I've got, just because I like feedback.
foxwood
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by foxwood »

well you still have a few days so defently post it up.
DeadLogic
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by DeadLogic »

Gahh, okay.... I'll try, but I'm way busy with this summer project...
foxwood
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by foxwood »

I understand how that goes.
Sol-X

Post by Sol-X »

to be fair i did my intro in 30 mins

i dont even own a keyboard i had to use the computer keyboard, it may or may not suck but might as well try

i dont see why half you peeps saying your busy cos if your not that good then taking an hour on an intro or 2 days will still be the same if your not good at it

will take you 30 mins, i dont wanna win by default guys come on
foxwood
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by foxwood »

Well lets see if anybody ealse joins, I wonder what ealse they do with their time. trying to become established, I would think that writing music would help with that, but then i'm not a music person so what do I know.
DeadLogic
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by DeadLogic »

Yeah, I've seen a fair share of people adveritising thier free services as composers here, so this is kinda odd... Maybe I can direct you to someone from a different forum...
I3lade203
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by I3lade203 »

Try posting at some sort of forum for composing and the like, people there would love to use their work for films im sure of that.. by the way the footage dosnt work for me
Sigs suck a**.
foxwood
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by foxwood »

You would think that they wanted to share, but they are usualy as full of empty sayings as the next guy.
I3lade203
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by I3lade203 »

Why dosn't the footage play for me?
Sigs suck a**.
foxwood
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by foxwood »

I3lade203 wrote:Why dosn't the footage play for me?
not a clue are you streaming or downloading, just download it, if your streaming, because its a slow surver.