Legal and Illegal soundtrack?

This forum is for discussing all aspects of film soundtracks.

Moderator: Moderator Team

2nd_Recon
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Legal and Illegal soundtrack?

Post by 2nd_Recon »

I'm thinking about our next film, and I'm thinking that (By God) It will be good enough to contend at some minor local festivals, and then I hit the snag of where to get my soundtrack. I'm thinking of having an illegal soundtrack (The one you guys will see) and a legal soundtrack (The one I would enter in festivals). DO you think this is a good idea or not? I'm thinking there will only be about two scenes where there will even be music on, so I think it would be a good idea.
Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!

You don't need a parachute to go skydiving. You only need a parachute to go skydiving twice.
BrownCowStudios
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by BrownCowStudios »

Just have a legal soundtrack. No sense in doing both when you can have an original "legal" soundtrack. I'm sick of seeing "illegal" music in amateur films. It's a hell of a lot more pleasing to see that someone actually took the time to get original music instead of just pulling out a CD from their collection and slapping on a few tracks.
Erm... yeah...
Epsilon
Forum Master
Forum Master

Post by Epsilon »

It's even more sad when you know they did not even put a thought into the song selection!

Just record yourself playing chords on a piano! :D
Grant

Post by Grant »

Well if you have a legal soundtrack that works and fits then use it
Caveman

Post by Caveman »

Hey man!

If you or your m8s play instruments I'd suggest you download this:
http://www.kreatives.org/kristal/index. ... n=download
It's pretty nifty if you're a beginner to writing your own sound track (I'm in a small band and we use this all the time)
hope this helps...
and feel free to PM me if you use it - I'd be interested to hear about ur experiences with it
2nd_Recon
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by 2nd_Recon »

it's just that I don't know a single person with any musical tallent
Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!

You don't need a parachute to go skydiving. You only need a parachute to go skydiving twice.
Truggy
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Re: Legal and Illegal soundtrack?

Post by Truggy »

2nd_Recon wrote:I'm thinking about our next film, and I'm thinking that (By God) It will be good enough to contend at some minor local festivals, and then I hit the snag of where to get my soundtrack. I'm thinking of having an illegal soundtrack (The one you guys will see) and a legal soundtrack (The one I would enter in festivals). DO you think this is a good idea or not? I'm thinking there will only be about two scenes where there will even be music on, so I think it would be a good idea.

I just IM'd ya, so u know what i already said :P
[url=http://profile.xfire.com/xerojohny88][img]http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/bg/type/0/xerojohny88.png[/img][/url]
--
Dance Dance Revolution: Proving white people dont have rhythm since 1998
spoonstudiosintl

Post by spoonstudiosintl »

BrownCowStudios wrote:Just have a legal soundtrack. No sense in doing both when you can have an original "legal" soundtrack. I'm sick of seeing "illegal" music in amateur films. It's a hell of a lot more pleasing to see that someone actually took the time to get original music instead of just pulling out a CD from their collection and slapping on a few tracks.
I can see where you're coming from with that, and maybe I only speak for myself, but I only know of a couple of people with any musical talent, and they don't compose at all. All I make are war films, so a guitar solo isn't gonna cut it for any scene in there. Sure it'd be nice to have some legal and original scores to amateur films, but where are people like me going to be able to get 'em? I know I don't have an orchestra on hand ready to create a massive, dramatic piece.
Epsilon
Forum Master
Forum Master

Post by Epsilon »

That's where synthetic strings and midi comes handy on your computer!
Rico

Post by Rico »

If You need an original score for Your movie, just ask for it on any film-forum. If You're sincere in Your post, and You really can deliver a movie in a given timeframe, I'm sure You can find a composer that will work for free.

As for this specific thread - if You would be interested in an original score, send me a mail, a PM or something. If my music is to Your liking and the timing is right I'm all there for free ;) (Check link in sig. for some samples of my music)...

Regards,
Rico
Scores for Your movie
[url]http://www.fredrikblom.com[/url]