gunshot hits help

All aspects of low budget special effects.

Moderators: Admin, Moderator Team

Almondo99
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

gunshot hits help

Post by Almondo99 »

hey
i need help making my gunshot hits look a little better. I have a weed sprayer with a hose attached and it just doesnt look as good as i want it to with only blood. thanks
Almondo99
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Almondo99 »

that looks like the eye hit in saving private ryan
The Illuminated | The Matrix Revalations
-Production | Pre-production
Jason

Post by Jason »

Unless you're willing to spend quite a bit of money to make squibs, the makeshift blood sprayer will have to do. What is it that you are dissatisfied with as far as how it looks? I've used this technique in my movies plenty of times and I've always loved the results. Maybe try using a different sprayer, or minimize how much blood you put in. If you have a lot in there, it will be more of a stream...Shorten the amount and you'll get spurts, which in most cases, are more realistic.
I3lade203
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by I3lade203 »

Jason wrote:Unless you're willing to spend quite a bit of money to make squibs, the makeshift blood sprayer will have to do. What is it that you are dissatisfied with as far as how it looks? I've used this technique in my movies plenty of times and I've always loved the results. Maybe try using a different sprayer, or minimize how much blood you put in. If you have a lot in there, it will be more of a stream...Shorten the amount and you'll get spurts, which in most cases, are more realistic.
You can make a squib for about 10$. Check out the tutortial in the tutorials section.
Sigs suck a**.
Jason

Post by Jason »

What? $10 isn't quite a bit of money? Roast beef sandwich?
LizaT

Re: gunshot hits help

Post by LizaT »

Almondo99 wrote:hey
i need help making my gunshot hits look a little better. I have a weed sprayer with a hose attached and it just doesnt look as good as i want it to with only blood. thanks
We have a scene where we want the bullet to go through thr person so we made what we call the blood blaster, we show a step by step how too in the behind the scenes on our site. www.sticktowhatyouknow.com
I3lade203
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by I3lade203 »

Jason wrote:What? $10 isn't quite a bit of money? Roast beef sandwich?
What? 10$ isn't much to me, mabye to you it is. I duno.
Sigs suck a**.
mercenary123
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by mercenary123 »

I don't like to use squibs, if I did the actor's or actresses parents would be like "You sick freak!" and I really don't need to be sued. I'm thinking about attaching a wire and pulling on the clothes to make it realistic.
[img]http://f5.putfile.com/6/16618192897.jpg[/img]
got lazy on the siggy...
I3lade203
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by I3lade203 »

How are squibs making you a sick freak? They do the same thing pulling on a wire does, only easier.
Sigs suck a**.