Argh! "Video Device Already In Use"

A general forum for all messages that don't quite fit into the other forums.

Moderators: Admin, Moderator Team

Vamp
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Argh! "Video Device Already In Use"

Post by Vamp »

I've searched all over the internet for a solution to this problem but I can't find anything that works.

I'm using a FlyVideo 3000 capture card and trying to capture to avi/mpeg. No matter what software I try to use I get a "Video device already in use" error pop up... Unless I use the included software, which is cr** because I can't use AVI codecs or set a bitrate for Mpeg higher than 4000.... With the older software I was using, I could set up to around 12000, but now that software gives "Can't Get Device" error and I'm forced to use the newer capture software.

"You cannot use this device when another video application, such as DVD, video conferencing, video editing, TV viewers or a WebTV for windows is already using it." etc.

This happens if I try to use Virtual Dub, Premiere etc

I've reinstalled drivers, installed new drivers, scanned for viruses and spyware... Nothing works! I reboot and run VirtualDub straight away and I still get that error!

This is really starting to become irritating. If anyone can help me solve this problem I would be most grateful.
www.neverdead.co.nr
Bugalicious

RE: Argh! "Video Device Already In Use"

Post by Bugalicious »

have u tried pressing alt-crt-del and closing off as many programs as posible, then runing the program that u need?
yeah, im a loser..
www.bugs-page.tk