where can I find fake money to use in a movie

Stunts and physical effects not involving computer generation

Moderators: Admin, Moderator Team

jobei84

where can I find fake money to use in a movie

Post by jobei84 »

I tried scanning some money and printing it out but it dont look right .
Can any body help
Truggy
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

RE: where can I find fake money to use in a movie

Post by Truggy »

lol...that would be illegal. GO to a dollar store, of course everyone will know its fake money, if your lookin to make it look like you have $20,000...we will all know its fake, which doesnt really bother me or it shouldnt bother anyone. Try a dollar store and see what u can come up with.
[url=http://profile.xfire.com/xerojohny88][img]http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/bg/type/0/xerojohny88.png[/img][/url]
--
Dance Dance Revolution: Proving white people dont have rhythm since 1998
KayBeck

Post by KayBeck »

Do a search for "movie money" on ebay. There's a guy selling a bunch of loose and banded money in different denominations from the Punisher movie for around $15 (after s&h) in US currency.
Burnt Synapse Entertainment: We're going to blow your mind.
tallman_house_pictures
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by tallman_house_pictures »

STEAL!!!
No, J/k
If its in a briefcase all u need to do is take out 100 or 200 bucks fom the bank. Cut a stack of bills out of white paper. Take a lighter or tea or something to fade the edges of the paper. the takk 20-30 white ones, topped with one or two real ones and make as many as you need like this. And once ur done, just put the money back in the bank!
www.tallmanhousepictures.com
tallmanhousepictures@gmail.com
Grant

Post by Grant »

tallman has the right approach
Bugalicious

Post by Bugalicious »

in aus u can get some play money stuff with the actual notes on them

except
-There in black and white
-all smaller size
-Have "NOT REAL CURRENCY" printed on them
yeah, im a loser..
www.bugs-page.tk
2nd_Recon
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by 2nd_Recon »

3 words: tinted Monopoly money :p
Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!

You don't need a parachute to go skydiving. You only need a parachute to go skydiving twice.
Matt
Webmaster
Webmaster

Post by Matt »

I created some fake money for Hollow Point. You can see a photo in my props section

http://www.matthawkins.co.uk/modules.ph ... =0&thold=0

I scanned in some ten and twenty pound notes ... resized and printed single sided on white paper. I made the bundles of notes from newspaper and put a printed note on the top and bottom. I made the yellow bands to hold the bundles together with card and printed a little bank of england logo in the centre. Up close the bundles were obviously fake but from 1+ metres they looked like the real thing.

I resized the original scans so that the bundles fitted neatly into the briefcase I had. Real notes looked a bit too messy :)

Warning : Even attempting to duplicate bank notes is illegal in many countries. I specifically made the notes single sided to ensure they did not resemble real notes except on camera. Having said that I did find many sites on the net with images of bank notes ready to download! They were mainly Euros on sites showing you what the new currency looked like for fraud prevention. If I had been making Euros I would have used those images rather than scan my own.
2nd_Recon
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by 2nd_Recon »

You can even buy a genuine $20 bill on ebay for TWENTY FIVE DOLLARS!!! Really

But serriously. If you were to be making some fake money for a movie. You would definatley want to make absolutley sure that it looks fake. what i suggest is, of cource, printing it one only one side, then I would change the face of the president on that bill to someone else (say, Donny Osmond or the Pope) and have the number in the corner say "0''
Last edited by 2nd_Recon on Tue Dec 21, 2004 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

You don't need a parachute to go skydiving. You only need a parachute to go skydiving twice.
Matt
Webmaster
Webmaster

Post by Matt »

I did consider using real money ... but felt abit uncomfortable leaving a few hundred quid in a briefcase in the middle of a car park.
dno

Post by dno »

For If you ever need to make Euros:

http://www.irlgov.ie/ecbi-euro/notes.htm

There is both front and back of all Euro currency
NaziSentry

Post by NaziSentry »

THe hardest fake cash to make would probably be Australian Dollars. Colourful and have lots of anti-fraud thingies on them and are made of this material you canno buy.
UFProductions
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by UFProductions »

Sames with the new Canadian dollars, those bills in the case look awsome Matt, I think yours would be the best route to take, the newspaper is a lot cheaper than cutting up nice printer paper or the like. Though if production time is an issue you could take a big thick stack of office paper and cut it on a bandsaw, so they all come out exactly the same.

EDIT: And Matt, may want to consider removing the section on the Chat room from the Announcements section, seing as it's gone now.
pdj
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by pdj »

No nazi that isnt true- i did a scan of a $20 note last night and it turned out perfecto-even better when printed..so its possible. This is only for use as a movie prop as matt stated upclose it is very much a fake.

i read that the American dollar will be joining us and printing their money on plastic also..
wildabeast009

Post by wildabeast009 »

In the US, you can make duplicates of bills. AS LONG AS, they are resized a noticable amount. It also wouldn't hurt to do them single sided unless you have to have print on both sides
You know what's a fun game? Take 3 Excedrin PM's and see if you can whack off before you fall asleep. You always win, that's the best part about the game. -Cal, [i]The 40 Year Old Virgin[/i]
NaziSentry

Post by NaziSentry »

Geez, the U.S. goverment seems to be saying, "if you can't beat 'em. Join 'em!"

BTW, on the 20 how will you do the little plastic see-through thing?
Mushiman

Post by Mushiman »

Get it from a fake bank!
[url=http://profile.mygamercard.net/derkoi][img]http://card.mygamercard.net/gelsig/black/derkoi.png[/img][/url]
spoonstudiosintl

Re: RE: where can I find fake money to use in a movie

Post by spoonstudiosintl »

pdj wrote:i read that the American dollar will be joining us and printing their money on plastic also..
Incorrect. US money will remain on the current cotton/paper blend for the next decade, as the currency undergoes its most recent security change. It involves minute blending of color to prevent counterfeiting.
NaziSentry wrote:THe hardest fake cash to make would probably be Australian Dollars. Colourful and have lots of anti-fraud thingies on them and are made of this material you canno buy.
Probably not. Either the Euro or the US dollar would be. Euros being quite new, they would be rather difficult, and US currency is revamped every 5 years about with the top of the line in security, and as the newest bills are now entering circulation, they would be among the most difficult.
wildabeast009 wrote:In the US, you can make duplicates of bills. AS LONG AS, they are resized a noticable amount. It also wouldn't hurt to do them single sided unless you have to have print on both sides
True. From 18 UNITED STATES CODE; 504: Treasury Directive Number 15-56 FR 48539

"The illustration must be of a size less than three-fourths or more than one and one-half, in linear dimension, of each part of any matter so illustrated; 2. The illustration must be one sided; and 3. All negatives, plates, digitized storage medium, graphic files, magnetic medium, optical storage devices, and any other thing used in the making of the illustration that contain an image of the illustration or any part thereof shall be destroyed and or deleted or erased after their final use in accordance with this section."
CEO, Spoon Studios Int'l
[url]http://www.cafepress.com/spoonintl[/url]
pdj
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

RE: Re: RE: where can I find fake money to use in a movie

Post by pdj »

Incorrect. I think the US bill is the EASIEST to copy-p*** easy... And about the little plastic thingy...well that part prints white-now you can't have everything in life...unless you print it on a overhead transparent
Epsilon
Forum Master
Forum Master

Post by Epsilon »

The United States paper money is by far some of the hardest to duplicate. It is near impossible to get the detail quality is the miniature names and signatures of the creators. Also the lines in the portraits would be substantially burred unless you use an industrial high pixel laser printer. Off set presses won't even do it. The paper is really a cloth with obvious texture and fibers throughout. The $20 bills and up have portraits printed inside the bill where you can only see looking through it against a light AND have metal strip going through. The government press are highly illegal and difficult to build or find. The ink used to print is treated as to react a certain way under tested environments. Frauds are usually caught unless you are actually using a mint press to make them!

I don't see why you cannot go to the bank and cash $100 in new $1 bills for a shoot. They all look the same from a distance. Just don't lose them! :)
UFProductions
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by UFProductions »

"Yarrghh!! My country's money is better than your country's money!!"

"Is not!!"

"Is too!!!"
spoonstudiosintl

Post by spoonstudiosintl »

Man, all Canadian money is worth for is using on unsuspecting American merchants.
CEO, Spoon Studios Int'l
[url]http://www.cafepress.com/spoonintl[/url]
UFProductions
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by UFProductions »

We're making a comeback! Then we'll see who's doing the cross-border shopping!
Losing consciousness,
in the arms of an angel,
I find only peace.
2nd_Recon
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by 2nd_Recon »

Ummm, still us? lol

Epsilon
Forum Master
Forum Master

Post by Epsilon »

The British 5 pence is almost exactly the same shape as the American quarter. So when I sometimes feel like a cheap-a** I use them on vending machines.