No
71%
I really don't know?!
18%

Total votes: 17

CrIsS_CrOsS

Swallowing Fake Blood=CANCER??

Post by CrIsS_CrOsS »

I have to do this huge scence where I swallow a lot of fake blood. I looked up some recipies for drinkable blood on this website and it says that "I don't suggest using it too often as new research shows that digesting too much of some dyes may cause cancer!" :shock: Is that stunt safe? Should I attempt it? Let me know what you think. (Here is the page, just scroll down to drinkable blood!)http://www.geocities.com/Hollywood/Lot/ ... tchen.html
Grant

RE: Swallowing Fake Blood=CANCER??

Post by Grant »

use a completely non-toxic recipe and you should be fine.
Check out my page here
http://www.sickindividual.com/tipblood.html
I3lade203
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by I3lade203 »

Why don't you just pretend to sawllow it? Pretend to make it look like your putting it in your mouth, but really your just smearing some drips around it, and then pretend to sallow. Then when you get up, your mouth will be dripping with blood, further showing that you did sallow it.
Sigs suck a**.
Grant

Post by Grant »

if you make it from edible food products you have nothin to worry about! I highly doubt cancer, otherwise you will have to start avoiding many food products
Epsilon
Forum Master
Forum Master

Post by Epsilon »

I don't see how anyone would allow cancer-causing foods to enter the market! Food coloring and dyes are foods!
Father_McGrueder

Post by Father_McGrueder »

For Christ's sake, coloured blood has been used since the beginnings of colour film. Bruce Campbell, for one, has be hit with thousands of litres of fake blood throughout the Evil Dead trilogy. Surely he's swallowed much of that. He's fine.
UFProductions
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by UFProductions »

It's called "food dye" for a reason, it's food grade material. They wouldn't label a known carcinogenic as food. If you're talking fabric dye, like really freaky industrial fabric dye, then maybe.
Losing consciousness,
in the arms of an angel,
I find only peace.
Father_McGrueder

Post by Father_McGrueder »

Lesson learned: Geocities is not a reliable source.
spoonstudiosintl

Re: RE: Swallowing Fake Blood=CANCER??

Post by spoonstudiosintl »

Epsilon wrote:I don't see how anyone would allow cancer-causing foods to enter the market!
Hahaha! Because we all know how effective the FDA is!

And where's the "depends" option in your post? As others have said, make it our of food coloring, you'll be fine. Use some crazy stuff like paint, industrial dye or some frightening chemical, yeah, I can see cancer resulting.
CEO, Spoon Studios Int'l
[url]http://www.cafepress.com/spoonintl[/url]
mercenary123
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

RE: Re: RE: Swallowing Fake Blood=CANCER??

Post by mercenary123 »

Yeah it friggin called "food dye" why wouldn't you be able to digest large amounts of it, that makes no sense. But, still, you can't be too careful.
[img]http://f5.putfile.com/6/16618192897.jpg[/img]
got lazy on the siggy...
spoonstudiosintl

Re: RE: Re: RE: Swallowing Fake Blood=CANCER??

Post by spoonstudiosintl »

mercenary123 wrote:Yeah it friggin called "food dye" why wouldn't you be able to digest large amounts of it, that makes no sense. But, still, you can't be too careful.
Well, in all fairness, you can ingest too much of most anything, including water. But I don't suspect you're planning on ingesting 2-3 gallons of food dye.
CEO, Spoon Studios Int'l
[url]http://www.cafepress.com/spoonintl[/url]
NaziSentry

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Swallowing Fake Blood=CANCER??

Post by NaziSentry »

Chocolate topping and red food dye. Mmmm.. Tasty! My recipe!
BagBoysProductions

Post by BagBoysProductions »

i doubt that...i make my owna dn works great
Josh Beaver
- Writer
- Director
- SFX
- Editor
El Brenty

Post by El Brenty »

Don't they usually say "Do not swallow" in small print on the bottle?

And Food dye is supposed to be used sparingly, not in huge concentrations. We all know reports of hyperactivity and health problems from too many additives. But if you're not doing it every single, day, I can't see how it would harm you that much.

How about real blood? Like pig's blood? You could probably get that from a butcher. YUK!
Moderating behind the bushes!
Epsilon
Forum Master
Forum Master

Post by Epsilon »

spoonstudiosintl wrote:Use some crazy stuff like paint, industrial dye or some frightening chemical, yeah, I can see cancer resulting.
It is very unlikely you will get cancer from consuming an industrial dye, unless some radioactive product exists in it. It is far more probably you will die. Cancer is an unnatural growth in the body, not all that closely connected with what foods you eat! :) Don't worry.
UFProductions
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by UFProductions »

Yeah, unless you use cancerous cells in your fake blood recipe, then inject it into yourself! But if you're cooking up chemicals then injecting yourself with them cancer is the least of your worries.

Edit: Holy Fuc king Sh it!!

http://www.rutnet.co.uk/pp/pressrelease ... sp?id=1591

Though it is an illegal dye, not meant for food. But watch out you lot in the UK!
El Brenty

Post by El Brenty »

Epsilon wrote:
spoonstudiosintl wrote:Use some crazy stuff like paint, industrial dye or some frightening chemical, yeah, I can see cancer resulting.
It is very unlikely you will get cancer from consuming an industrial dye, unless some radioactive product exists in it. It is far more probably you will die. Cancer is an unnatural growth in the body, not all that closely connected with what foods you eat! :) Don't worry.
The primary cause of cancer is from toxins in the body. The body contains cancerous cells all the time, but is able to usually fight them off. When the body is too toxic, the body uses it's resources for removing toxins rather than the cancerous cells - The result is that the cancer gets a hold in the body, and grows too big to be counteracted.

Just as an example here -We all knw smoking significantly contributes towards cancer - The tobacco is toxic for the body, and it's these toxins that contribute to cancer.

Pretty much anything un-natural for the body - Additives, food dyes, etc, are all potential cancer causing agents, but unless you are exposed to them on a regular basis, the long-term chances of getting cancer from these causes are slim.

Skin cancer from excess exposure to UV light is different - The UV light damages the cells over time to such an extent that there are no "good" cells to reproduce into new good skin, so the cancer takes hold.

There's lots of reasons for cancer, and a lot of different cancers, but the major cause is long-term exposure to toxins in the environment.

The body's acidity levels also affect the ability to remove cancerous cells. Cancer patients have 400 times the acidity of a healthy person. The reason for this iis that the body uses it's toxin removal resources to bring the PH level back to slightly alkaline. Simply put - Alkaline diet gives the body the opportunity to romove toxins better (Detox diet), which combined with low exposite to environmental toxins (Smoking, chemicals, alcohol), allows the body to concentrate on clearing out cancerous cells.
Moderating behind the bushes!
FabianJansen

Post by FabianJansen »

*sigh* Just use tomato juice you dummy....
"These are the voyages..."
Towels42

Post by Towels42 »

Tomato juice doesn't have the right colour... it's too orangey. Anyway, some dyes have been known to be cancerous. Back awhile ago, a certain red dye was taken off the market for this very reason. Since people were so paranoid about artificial red colouring, food producers even took red M&Ms off the market for a while. There are several food products out there that might cause cancer -- including dyes. But you're eating artificial stuff like that [including lots of dyes] in everything you eat. You'll be fine, really. Just don't stain your mother's carpet.
"KHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAANNNNN!!!!!!!"
Raptor
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by Raptor »

OMG... Hmmm I'll guess I'm not the only one old enough to remember when they pulled all the red M&M's and a lot of other red candies in I believe the late 70's due to research that showed "red dye #5'" caused cancer in laboratory animals. This was a food dye, and widely used... of course the test animals consumed MASSIVE amounts of the good stuff. If you think that anything that is 'approved' is 100% safe, then apparently yuo haven't heard of all the approved drugs that have been pulled from the market recently due to excesive side effects. It does seem pretty safe to assume tho that consuming anything with a few drops of red food coloring is probably perfectly safe. It doesn't take much to get a good color going, and as someone stated above - the amount will be pretty minute. Just don't assume tho that simply because something is marked as safe for use in food that it really is 100% safe. I mean botox is approved for use in cosmetic procedures to reduce wrinkles, - it's made from botulism toxin and actually works by paral;yzing the muscles that cause wrinkles. Botulism is an incredibly powerful fast acting poison....
The UNDERGROUND
[url]http://theundergroundtv.com[/url]
Music television for unsigned bands
2nd_Recon
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by 2nd_Recon »

You know, everything causes cancer these days. I suspect that they just go through the things a cancer patient has eaten/drank/worked with and say it causes cancer. As long as it isn't on fire, and there isn't any pesticides in it (To check for pesticides, see if it smelles like bleach or rubbing alcohol :P ) and you should be fine. Just again, don't drink glasses and glasses of it just for kicks.
Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!

You don't need a parachute to go skydiving. You only need a parachute to go skydiving twice.