RED trailer

This forum is for announcing and discussing your films.

Moderator: Moderator Team

isoprene

RED trailer

Post by isoprene »

Hi there.
This is a trailer that me and my mates put together, its filmed in the Welsh mountains, we'd really like to know what you think.

We filmed it using a Sony DV camcorder. We did all the cgi and audio effects using cinema 4D and cubase with softsynth plugins.

Cheers,
Matthew Robinson, Roy Evans and Jason Davies.

To download the film right click and save target as - http://www.isoprene.co.uk/redtrailer.wmv

Alternatively if you left click it Windows Media player should stream it.

The file is encoded at (DV) 720 x 576 at good quality (broadband recommended). File size 8,221KBytes
dno

RE: RED trailer

Post by dno »

Looks interesting - to a point. You should have shown us a few quick flashes of what the result is of this red flash to create more intrigue.

The trailer as it stands is fine and well edited with well placed sound, but there are a few too many cuts to black with too little information.

You need grab us and pull us in a bit more.

Remember, a trailer is effectively a pitch to a potential "investor" (meaning viewer) and as a viewer, I want a trailer to stand out and grab me, so that I think, "Wow, thats looks cool. I gotta see that."
foxwood
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by foxwood »

Well put toghter thought the cuts to black got really agrivating. I would have done things much faster.
Vamp
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Vamp »

I actually foudn that pretty damn creepy.
www.neverdead.co.nr
asapfilms

Post by asapfilms »

The trailer is good, but what I do when I make trailers is make my original, with everything I think it should have in it, then I chop it down by half... Doing this will speed it up and force you to only put the best in. By the way, I think those mountains near your house have EXTREME potential. Id say try to really incorparate that setting into a well plotted film.
ASAP Films
www.asapfilms.com
Amateur Screenplays, Amateur Productions
isoprene

thanks for the quick replies

Post by isoprene »

This trailer wasn't a trailer for a film that we made or planned to make. We were making a documentary on how to set up and run a DVD rental business and we needed a fake film trailer as part of a sequence where we described the series of events a film goes through from production to the sale of the DVD. We completed this last year, the final running time was around 90mins.
The production involved quite a lot of blue screening techniques and CGI. We've had very positive feedback on this production. We're now thinking of having a go at making a short movie.
If anyones interested in seeing a few clips from the documentary that we made then we'd be happy to put a link on. We're especially proud of how well we got the blue screening to work given our limited equipment-which was a nightmare to get right. This was our first attempt at a project like this and we were very pleased by the response.
Like I said we'd now like to have a go at making a short movie, we've been working on some ideas for a horror movie.
We're really pleased that some of you found our short trailer creepy, and that you thought the mountains where we live had potential, we agree.
We take the point about the number of cuts to black, prehaps they are a bit excessive...
Again, thanks for your responses.
Kentertainment
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

RE: thanks for the quick replies

Post by Kentertainment »

That kinda reminded me of this old show called "Ghostwriter" were a little shiny dot wrote novels and saved the day. The mountain location was really cool too.
Bugalicious

RE: thanks for the quick replies

Post by Bugalicious »

Ghostwriter never wrote novels...
and wasnt he the beggining of the sms style writing. (U need 2 find stuff!)
yeah, im a loser..
www.bugs-page.tk
Maxo

Post by Maxo »

wow! as asapfilms said, you can make some great shots over there. Beautiful mountains!
Truggy
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Truggy »

that was pretty awesome.
[url=http://profile.xfire.com/xerojohny88][img]http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/bg/type/0/xerojohny88.png[/img][/url]
--
Dance Dance Revolution: Proving white people dont have rhythm since 1998
Ornsack

Re: RE: RED trailer

Post by Ornsack »

asapfilms wrote:what I do when I make trailers is make my original
With your Matrix rip off logo tacked on to the front of it? :P
Kentertainment wrote:That kinda reminded me of this old show called "Ghostwriter" were a little shiny dot wrote novels and saved the day
I remember that! Some crazy US/UK co production :? I remember liking one of the girls in the original series

Anyway, nice trailer, a bit slow but it looks cool :D
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=loFABl-1Zcw]THE SALESMAN - YouTube[/url]
asapfilms

Re: RE: RED trailer

Post by asapfilms »

Ornsack wrote:
asapfilms wrote:what I do when I make trailers is make my original
With your Matrix rip off logo tacked on to the front of it? :P
ah ha, good one davecaugh :P
Last edited by asapfilms on Thu Jan 06, 2005 9:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ASAP Films
www.asapfilms.com
Amateur Screenplays, Amateur Productions
I3lade203
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

RE: Re: RE: RED trailer

Post by I3lade203 »

It looks alright. At the end it said a new kind of superhero, if this is a superhero kind of film, then the trailer sure did mislead me. It's sort of like the village, the trailer makes it look horror, but it wasn't. Yours makes it look like a suspense thriller type film, rather then action superhero.. It was a little to slow, even for a suspense thriller though. Over all , it looked good I suppose, the bike riding got a little boring, and I don't see what kind of kid would have sense to go into some tube in the mountians on the way home, but it's your film , so okay! I'll go with it. The only real complaint I have , is your intro... It was kind of ... cheesy.

Final Grade : B.
Sigs suck a**.
isoprene

RED Trailer

Post by isoprene »

Thanks again for your responses,
Never heard of Ghostwriter, prehaps it never came to the UK...
Hey Maxo, we kinda take the mountains for granted here, glad that a few people have mentioned how good they look because it reminds us how fortunate we are to have a good location to film in.
I3lade203, we made this trailer to fit into a documentary production that we mentioned in an earlier post. When we made the trailer it was a bit creepy so in order to make it fit into the documentary better (ie make it more friendly) we tagged the 'A new superhero is born' on the end. It does jar with the trailer a little. The RED intro also was made for the documentary, so this jars a little too.
Gyro
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Re: RE: thanks for the quick replies

Post by Gyro »

Bugalicious wrote:Ghostwriter never wrote novels...
and wasnt he the beggining of the sms style writing. (U need 2 find stuff!)
Incorrect, Ghostwriter was a television show and on that television show he (or the big blob of light) did write novels through the computer while encouraging teenagers to do the same and solve mysteries with matching pens. It's an awesome show!
@seanbagley
Ornsack

Re: RED Trailer

Post by Ornsack »

isoprene wrote:Never heard of Ghostwriter, prehaps it never came to the UK...
It was on BBC2 during the day with all the educational shows

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0108787/?fr ... ft=20;fm=1

Aparrently Samuel L Jackson had reoccuring bit parts in it :D

It was also the show where I first heard about modems, lol
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=loFABl-1Zcw]THE SALESMAN - YouTube[/url]
Gyro
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

RE: Re: RED Trailer

Post by Gyro »

Hey, it's funny. My siblings and some of my friends were so obsessed with this show, we'd buy matching pens, write stories and ride around on our bikes in search for GhostWriter. This funny story is that we'd swear we'd seen him but only spotted him near lights, because starring at likes for a length of time can cause the same effect to happen. It was awesome!
@seanbagley
isoprene

RED trailer offline :-(

Post by isoprene »

Hi, just to let people know that I've changed my hosting to a mailbox, so REDtrailer.wmv is now offline. Sorry! We will begin work on a proper short film in the summer of 2005, and host it online, so see you all later...
All the best
Matt.