FreeBlue the free blue\green screening tool

All aspects of low budget special effects.

Moderators: Admin, Moderator Team

Naphie

FreeBlue the free blue\green screening tool

Post by Naphie »

http://12.22.230.41/MicroTech/Host/Game ... lphaR1.zip
I just put this alpha up online.
This supports any resolution of video 720X480 and down but it needs to be in bmp form. So you must split your video using a tool like virtual dub (freeware Virtualdub.sf.net). I will put up a full tutorial as soon as possible. If you find any bugs please post them with your system stats (OS, RAM, CPU, ect). If this screws up your computer I take no responsibility.
santi
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

RE: FreeBlue the free blue\green screening tool

Post by santi »

720X480? What about 7200x576?
Santi

"Corpse of your enemy always smells nice"

---------------------
http://sfx.com.pl/
Naphie

Post by Naphie »

Oh um... i forgot about PAL. um i will add pal support in Version 0.2. Ill post that hopfully in an hour. if any one has anyother suggestions please post them.
I3lade203
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by I3lade203 »

Um great, but what makes this better then affter effects premiere , or god, even chrominator ? ( In all which you can import VIDEO and key it rather then images.. )
Sigs suck a**.
Naphie

Post by Naphie »

well this is free and i am planing on making it open source. It will be able to load video but this is the vary first version.
I3lade203
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by I3lade203 »

Okay, but i'm just saying this becuase your going to need something that makes your product better , that way people will use it. Anyone who is into film and needs bluescreen, has their own editing softwear which can do it, thats why the free rules out anyway.
Sigs suck a**.
Towels42

Post by Towels42 »

It's not like he's marketing his program, he's just showing off his software still in its infancy stage. Sure there are several programs that do the job better, but by showing it to film makers, he can better develop it to fit the needs of its users.
"KHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAANNNNN!!!!!!!"
JJJSWIFT

Post by JJJSWIFT »

Keep on rocking in the free world dude...i think that u should def make it available for video and ill dl it. Cuz the chroma keyer i have isnt all that great...plus not all of us can afford premier or after effects like spielberg over there. (lol dude)
I3lade203
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by I3lade203 »

JJSWIFT, most basic editing programs have a key function. Sony screenblast ( 60$ ) ? Check.
Sigs suck a**.
Raptor
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by Raptor »

I3lade203 wrote:JJSWIFT, most basic editing programs have a key function. Sony screenblast ( 60$ ) ? Check.
Yes they do, and they do a rspectable job, but an NLE's keying function is kind of like the scissors on a swiss army knife.. they get the job done in a hurry, but I wouldn't wnat to use it on a big project or one that needed great detail. AE does a better job of keyng than premiers, but even just applying the standard AE key effects leaves some issues. BUilding a combo matte in AE makes it better, but generally a deicated keying software makes it quicker, easier and better. We bought Serious Magic's Ultra, the most flexible keyer I've used yet. What took a couple of hours in AE to key and color corrrect can be done in less than half an hour in Ultra, and the results look better than AE.
SOftware development is a slow process, you do it in little bits, and keep expanding on the functionality - as you get certain features functional, you add more. If this develops into a decent chroma keyer and it's freeware AND open source, then awesome!! Maybe we shouldn't 'Reinvent the wheel' but look at the improvements we've made to it in the last million years!
The UNDERGROUND
[url]http://theundergroundtv.com[/url]
Music television for unsigned bands