Makeup

Stunts and physical effects not involving computer generation

Moderators: Admin, Moderator Team

Irustytromboners

Makeup

Post by Irustytromboners »

I am making a black and white zombie movie and i was wondering if anyone had tips on how to make good looking zombies for cheap and anything anyone can add about doing gore scenes would help, Thanks
Gyro
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

RE: Makeup

Post by Gyro »

Black and white is easy for blood because it doesn't have to be the correct color, just looks dark. Get uh... chocolate syrup and some... other stuff that looks like things that isn't stuff it's suppose to be... er, yes.
@seanbagley
Irustytromboners

RE: Makeup

Post by Irustytromboners »

yea i was going to use the chocolate syrup then i was going to use some black makeup pen and darken the eyes and make the faces look pale. but i was also wondering i was wanting to make a person in the film to have his vains turn black as he gets infected if you or anyone knows what i could do for that it would be a help. and thanks for the quick responce.
Vor
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Vor »

you could do what evil dead did :lol: stop motion, or if you have video effects programs you could simply draw the veins in photoshop with a transparent background then import it to the effects program...then make it fade in....
Father_McGrueder

Post by Father_McGrueder »

I wouldn't go with black veins. Probably the most frightening thing about zombie films is the prospect that you very well may have to kill your friends/family at some point and that it is difficult to know when they actually become the living dead. Having black veins would spoil the surprise and, thus, lessen the tension.