Short film - The Mafia

All aspects of low budget special effects.

Moderators: Admin, Moderator Team

Firestorm

Short film - The Mafia

Post by Firestorm »

http://www.putfile.com/media.php?n=mafia23

Two farmers decide their forest has no need of a mafia. ;)

Has some muzzle flashes, blood effects and one zoom effect.

Mostly-action short with no script, but I tried to do angles and such better this time.
Truggy
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

RE: Short film - The Mafia

Post by Truggy »

It was ok, i mean for no script, it was alright, but the red tips on the end of the guns, fix it by useing electrical tape, if u dont have that then use duck tape, if u dont have that your screwed.
[url=http://profile.xfire.com/xerojohny88][img]http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/bg/type/0/xerojohny88.png[/img][/url]
--
Dance Dance Revolution: Proving white people dont have rhythm since 1998
Carnage7p
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Carnage7p »

all im gonna say is use a tripod and do more planning.
xander3000

Post by xander3000 »

the hand to hand was a bit odd, didnt look like anything actually was powerful enough to hurt and it was short. . . but i liked the blood effects, wot did u use?
jcdenton
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by jcdenton »

funny.
a few things:
muzzle flashes look like added with Paint.exe - use soft contours for any pyro-fx, plus translucent blendmodes.

don't use tragedy soundtrack, probably rather some speed metal (well this is a matter of taste, tho classical tragedy will slow things down)

nice slowmotion part, but you should use a special soundtrack in that moment, eg. an opera singer, then after the slowmotion part back to the original soundtrack.

if you say mafia, make clear who's mafia and who's not. To me none of them where looking like mafiosi. In many movies the bad guys wear black and the good guys wear white, to make it easy for the audience to follow the action. Use some costumes to get rid of the "some students test their camera" ambience.

Basicly it's fun, but you should try to tell a story IMHO. And use more things like buildings, vehicles etc.
amathyst

Post by amathyst »

Ermmm how old are you? Cause you look around 17 and thats pretty god damn poor for 17 year olds!Make independent films look bad!
'Jinx me something crazy'
Father_McGrueder

Post by Father_McGrueder »

The blood hitting the camera was fantastic. Tip top stuff. The blood spurts from the people, well, it's better to attempt compressed air squibs. It didn't appear as if it were doing any damage.

Amathyst, quiet you. The bloke is looking for constructive comments, not insults.
Radiate
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Radiate »

I thought the muzzle flashes looked fake and especially the blood on the camera that was really bad.
"Do you not know? Have you not heard? The Lord is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He will not grow tired or weary, and his understanding no one can fathom."
-Isaiah 40:28
Radiate
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Radiate »

ALL of the blood looks fake!
"Do you not know? Have you not heard? The Lord is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He will not grow tired or weary, and his understanding no one can fathom."
-Isaiah 40:28
Almondo99
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Almondo99 »

Double post...
Try not to animate the blood though, use a weed sprayer. For no preperation and no script it was pretty good.
The Illuminated | The Matrix Revalations
-Production | Pre-production
asapfilms

Post by asapfilms »

Some angles were good, the blood on the camera was a nice touch but there was completely no point to any of the killing. If this is one of your movies, name it 'blood and muzzel flash' test because that's really all it was... I didnt really notice anything wrong with the blood and flashes...ofcoarse they're fake but they looked ok. A problem though, when someone got hit there was no sound, no hit sound. I noticed it when the blood it the camera, the guy just blew an ulcer and blood flew out of him. Next time add a hit noise, I think Matt might have some here, if not my site does... But good test for the most part!
ASAP Films
www.asapfilms.com
Amateur Screenplays, Amateur Productions
robosays21

Post by robosays21 »

how would you do a muzzle flash on paint.exe????????
robosays21

Post by robosays21 »

what software did you use to animate the blood?
meking14

What program do you use to edit "The Mafia"?

Post by meking14 »

What program do you use to edit "The Mafia"?
And can I get it for FREE?

Matt
maj_barnes
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

RE: What program do you use to edit "The Mafia"?

Post by maj_barnes »

I liked the muzzle flash at the scene where the guy gets shot in the back it looked nice (should have been transparent though). Also I would like to get the blood for the same scene as well, it would have looked better if it was faster and darker.