Zombie Gore scenes

All aspects of low budget special effects.

Moderators: Admin, Moderator Team

Irustytromboners

Zombie Gore scenes

Post by Irustytromboners »

Ok, this is whats going on, i am making a movie for my video productions 2 class, and yes its a blow off high school class but I am trying to make the best movie in the class. so far its a nice 10min black and white movie about two friends and ones turns into a zombie and they kill people and then each other. But to the point all i have so far is simple killing like bites and gunshots. So i am asking what are some good gore scenes i can make and how can i do them i have about 20 bucks in my pocket to do them. and one weekend. the main thing is its a black and white movie. and i would like a better and easy way to do gun shots.
Thanks.
maj_barnes
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

RE: Zombie Gore scenes

Post by maj_barnes »

This stuff might help:
http://www.matthawkins.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3970
but you should have posted this under Stunts, Physical Effects & Props.
JJJSWIFT

Post by JJJSWIFT »

If u have a paintball gun you can tie that underneath ur actors shirt on his back and attach some fishing line to the trigger then put some cotton swabs in the barrel down far enough that you can pour a good amount of fake blood in it (if the barrel has airholes at the end tape em up) then once uve put in the fake blood u just have ur actor stand next to a wall and when he pulls the string and the gun fires the swabs get projected out and blood splatters everywere and the cotton swab looks kinda like brainmatter. Pretty awesome effect. I have it on film but i dont know how to put it online. Other ideas are chainsaw kills which are cheap to do just make a dummy body and chainsaw it. We did it for a horrow movie and filled a gallon jug with fake blood and put it inside a styrafoam container with all kinds of blood packets and stuff and then chopped it up.
Mr.Anderson
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Mr.Anderson »

i did a thing once where you take a machete and make a wooden copy of it (easier than you think) but cut a hole out of it to fit over an actors head. you then slowly film someone bringing the fake machete down slowly onto the actors head, when the film is sped up it looks like you just chopped a big blade into a zombies head.
"People can misinterpret almost anything so that it coincides with views they already hold. They take from art what they already believe."

-- Stanley Kubrick
Epsilon
Forum Master
Forum Master

Post by Epsilon »

How about making the blade out of tin foil? That would collapse upon impact.
JJJSWIFT

Post by JJJSWIFT »

But if the whole blade was made of tin foil then it would just flop around...ude have to make just a section out of tin foil to fit the actors head.
Mr.Anderson
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Mr.Anderson »

you could probaly do the wooden copy with the hole cut out, then wrap it in tinfoil, so that it collapses in the right spot and it would move without flopping around.
"People can misinterpret almost anything so that it coincides with views they already hold. They take from art what they already believe."

-- Stanley Kubrick
windog
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by windog »

just do it digitaly.
<a href="http://alexmassey.voice123.com">Alex Massey - voice over</a>

I will try to beat any other voice over quote!
NGFilms03

Post by NGFilms03 »

No, DON'T do it digitally.
windog
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by windog »

why? NGM, you once claimed you were not a film maker, what are you doing here?

OutcastJiob
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by OutcastJiob »

I agree. Do NOT do it digitally. That breaks the rule of "Never do digitally what you can do physically". How hard is it to make a wooden blade, after all?

About the tinfoil--won't you see it crumpling up in the video? In my experience, foil doesn't collapse, it crumples up in all directions. . . .so it would look like the zombie's head was bending the blade around it. Which would be slightly weird.
People shouldn't be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.
Epsilon
Forum Master
Forum Master

Post by Epsilon »

I'd do it digitally if you want the blade to pass completely through the character!

Tin foil would crumple, but that's where good editing comes it. ;)
rep22
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by rep22 »

windog wrote:why? NGM, you once claimed you were not a film maker, what are you doing here?
i think you're confused...i do not believe "NGfilms", is NGM films. from what ive concluded anyways. i could be wrong, but im pretty sure thats right.
windog
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by windog »

possbly. NG, are you NGM films????