blank firing guns with front mussle flash

Stunts and physical effects not involving computer generation

Moderators: Admin, Moderator Team

Directordude

blank firing guns with front mussle flash

Post by Directordude »

I am wondering if anyone has found a blank firing gun(preferebly a revolver) that shoots flames or mussle flash out the front instead on the top.
I am thinking this is only possible through real guns and blanks. If i am wrong please correct me with an example!!!!
I Love blank guns I have two but they can't shoot flames out the front which is one of the main reasons for buying them.

Directordude
Asbjørn

Post by Asbjørn »

Try using flour og baking soda/powder or whatever you`ve got. then you might at least get some smoke. The flames/flash I assmue you have to make digitally
Seen trough a cats eyes, everything belongs to the cat
Epsilon
Forum Master
Forum Master

Post by Epsilon »

Ironically, it is probably actually cheaper to buy a real gun than a blank-firing gun.
Directordude

Post by Directordude »

yes i see this. this is some serious issues with the economy. buy real gun= cheaper... fake gun=expensive ??????
Epsilon
Forum Master
Forum Master

Post by Epsilon »

Actually it means the economy is fine. Hundreds of thousands of guns are made with billions of variations. There is a massive supply. Where as there are only maybe a couple thousand or so of each type replicas that fire blanks. Lower supply, but if the demand is still present, then by all means, real guns are cheaper since they can be used for blanks anyways! Plus is costs a lot less to manufactore a real weapon than a killing weapon intended to not kill. See what I mean? :lol:

Keep looking!
jcdenton
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by jcdenton »

Depending on the firearms laws of your country you may choose to buy a real one and use blank cartridges. Ironicly -again- real ammo costs less than blank cartridges...
Well never confuse them on the set. You may make a basic rule: no real ammo on the set!
maj_barnes
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by maj_barnes »

It just makes the effect more realistic. No biggie.
Epsilon
Forum Master
Forum Master

Post by Epsilon »

IF you do decide to use a real weapon with blanks. Buy the crimped casing ones. If there is a fake bullet, DO NOT use it. The casing should be clamped shut on the opening as so it blows open when fired. Even the wax/wood bullets that burn up on leaving the barrel sometimes do not, and are just as deadly as a live round. If you have ever seen a crimped casing, there is no doubt you know it is a blank round.

If you need ammo for looks, make sure you buy dummy rounds WITHOUT primers, so that you KNOW it is holding no powder within. I've had rounds with "used" primers but didn't ignite. Those could potenitally be mistaken for dummy rounds. Another check you can perform is to tilt the bullet from side to side and listen for any powder inside.

There are never too many precautions when working with real (and fake) firearms.
maj_barnes
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by maj_barnes »

You can make your own crimped casing blanks. Just take the bullet out, then crimp it. Or take a empty shell put a primer in it, fill it back with powder and crimp it.

My dad's friend, made a few and fired them at my dad when he (my dad) came into his (my dad's friend) house.
Epsilon
Forum Master
Forum Master

Post by Epsilon »

I do not suggest trying to crimp casing should you have no experience with bullets in the first place. Yes, the process is simple, but there is a danger level, especially if you don't know what you are doing or trying to use improper tools. I mean how many people here have seen a casing, period?
maj_barnes
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by maj_barnes »

Yea, he makes his own bullets. In his garage he has his press. We tried to bring it to the range when he brought his 50 cal, but they said they wouldn't allow the press. So it was like: bam $1.50, bam $3.00, bam $4.50.

My dad is starting to get into it too, which would be great to have my own blanks, but Orlando has been getting way too populated to be shooting anything in your backyard anymore.