Premiere Pro problems for all of us

Video editing, format conversion, video file manipulation.

Moderators: Admin, Moderator Team

Freddie

Premiere Pro problems for all of us

Post by Freddie »

Premiere Pro rocks generally..but two things that could've been a lot better:

- Adobe Premiere Pro should be able to detect scenes, weither if you import or capture footage. (as they do in Pinnacle video studio). The scene detection in premiere pro, just cuts the clips into different clips, so that aint good..

- Adobe Premiere Pro should be able to not overlap video clips in timeline. (it should be as it is in Pinnacle) The clips should be placed after eachother when you put them in the timeline.

So if any of you have a plug-in, or can MAKE a plug in, please post it here so the other people that is getting bothered at the same thing as me can enjoy this plug-in to the highest!

~Thanks in regards, fReddie
www.Systrickz.com (stunts, tricks, martial arts, flips + little effects in some vids)
Epsilon
Forum Master
Forum Master

RE: Premiere Pro problems for all of us

Post by Epsilon »

Ahhh I hate scene detection, because they never work right. Pinnacle can do it, and I end up with 30 subdivided footages instead of one capture. That is really annoying. If you really want scene detection, I highly recommend doing it yourself, Start and Stop it when you want. Trust me, that is the way to go.

There's nothing wrong with overlaying clips. I do it all the time. It is, for me, an important part of editing. Pinnacle is very simple in terms of editing. Any advanced editor using overlaying and multiple tracks for further control of their work. And I sure hope there aren't any others annoyed of this... You want a plug in to fix this??? Go back to Pinnacle!!!
Adam

Re: Premiere Pro problems for all of us

Post by Adam »

Freddie wrote: - Adobe Premiere Pro should be able to not overlap video clips in timeline. (it should be as it is in Pinnacle) The clips should be placed after eachother when you put them in the timeline.
Sorry but if you cannot overlap clips in the timeline how would you achieve a transition ?.
You also may want the audio from one track but the video from another.
Grant

RE: Re: Premiere Pro problems for all of us

Post by Grant »

Yes i think all the Premiere can do is completely logical when it comes to editing
BrownCowStudios
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Re: RE: Premiere Pro problems for all of us

Post by BrownCowStudios »

It sounds like what you really want is Pinnacle... :roll:
Epsilon wrote:If you really want scene detection, I highly recommend doing it yourself, Start and Stop it when you want. Trust me, that is the way to go.
If you can afford the unnecessary wear on your camera's or video deck's heads...
Erm... yeah...
Epsilon
Forum Master
Forum Master

RE: Re: RE: Premiere Pro problems for all of us

Post by Epsilon »

lol I don't mean going back and fourth on the tape! Just view it when you are capturing. Stop it, save, and start capturing again when you want to force a break between footages. Hopefully you've left enought leeway between takes you don't have to keep backing it up! I don't even see a problem with just capturing a whole tape end to end and just working from there either.
Freddie

Re: RE: Re: Premiere Pro problems for all of us

Post by Freddie »

Grant wrote:Yes i think all the Premiere can do is completely logical when it comes to editing
I love the program myself, yea, but it would have been much easier, if there was a scene detect like in pinnacle!

Why I dont use pinnacle:
-ALWAYS problems with it, slow motion sucks, transitions aint that good, and not that much effects

Premiere got the best of everything, just that it should have a scene detection like in pinnacle, there HAS TO BE a plug-in for that, eyh?

Thanks for answers, guys! ..fReddie
www.Systrickz.com (stunts, tricks, martial arts, flips + little effects in some vids)