camera effect

Video editing, format conversion, video file manipulation.

Moderators: Admin, Moderator Team

iCEbLuEORbitZ

camera effect

Post by iCEbLuEORbitZ »

i was messing around with my sony trv-730 camera today and i was just looking at the digital effects that come w/ the camera. i was playin around with them and came across one called flash. when turned up high it makes the video jerky, but i put it on just one notch up, and the video hardly changed, but looked less fluid like home video does. maybe this is the same as changing the fps kind of thing, idk but it seemed to look pretty good. if anyone else has this feature give it a try and tell me what you think.
Epsilon
Forum Master
Forum Master

RE: camera effect

Post by Epsilon »

I like to avoid built in digital effects because you can do all those things in post production anyway.
BrownCowStudios
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by BrownCowStudios »

It's gimmicky psuedo cr** that you should probably stay away from. But it's completely your call. If you like it, use it. Don't let us tell you what to do.
Erm... yeah...
reflexive_cinematics
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by reflexive_cinematics »

I'm sure its like the a setting to make the shutter speed lower to make that jerky effect. If it's subtle, then try it. Why not?
[url=http://www.reflexive-cinematics.com][img]http://reflexive-cinematics.com/images/sigbanner.jpg[/img][/url]
iCEbLuEORbitZ

Post by iCEbLuEORbitZ »

yea its hardly noticeable, but i can do it in post anyway, like put on a very subtle strobe or whatever. i think i'm gonna save up for a canon xl-1 or the like. im getting p*** off with the quality of my camera. its sooo bad and grainy, and it looks like it has been compressed for internet slightly, and its just overal sucky.