Midi keyboards/guitars... help?

This forum is for discussing all aspects of film soundtracks.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Caveman

Midi keyboards/guitars... help?

Post by Caveman »

Hey guys,

Up my way the filmmaking's been getting better and better...

Unfortunately I was recently diagnosed with cancer but after four months of treatment it seems I'm finally getting the upper hand (that's kinda why I haven't been around for a while)

Never mind though...

I recently added Adobe Audition 1.5 to my collection and have been composing the soundtrack for my latest video on that (remember the uber comedy sketch-show I told you guys about). However, using just the loops on that program isn't allowing me to be as creative as I need to be...

I know a local studio and a good band who I can record a lot of my stuff with but I need a greater variety in music than they can offer me and besides, I can't use them for everything (it's expensive).

Basically I need some way of getting music into the computer from an instrument at home... I'm lead believe midi keyboard/guitar interfaces do this?

I'm good at playing both the guitar and the keyboard but I really have no idea what features to look for in a midi device, where to get them from etc.

Any advice on the subject would be helpful, please help me with this, it's holding back my project and after months of being held back for one reason or another it's threatening to fall apart and I don't want that 'cause I think it could be a truely great project if I can just get on with it.

Cheers lads,

John