The Warning CONCLUSION

This forum is for announcing and discussing your films.

Moderator: Moderator Team

alecrossel

The Warning CONCLUSION

Post by alecrossel »

Hey everyone,

Part 3 of THE WARNING is up! Go check out the conclusion of this short film and let me know what you thought. If you need to refresh your memory on the other parts, just download all three using the links provided on the page to right click on, and watch them back to back.

Thanks for watching, enjoy!

Alec
ChemicalShaman

Post by ChemicalShaman »

What an awesome ending! Very unexpected, I enjoyed all 3 parts they were really well made.

It was a really good buildup to a great conclusion.

Nice work.

CS
alecrossel

Post by alecrossel »

Hey CS,

Thanks! I'm really glad you liked the ending.
Kentertainment
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Kentertainment »

Okay I like to critique with positive and negative things.

Positive:
The story was very well plotted, the past two Fridays I came home and would always think "Oh yeah, I've got to see the next part of The Warning!". Your acting was good in most parts both dialouge and hand movements (especially the main character). The original music was a big plus as well and your locations were spread out. Not just one single house the whole movie. The ending was intense and unpredicable

Negative:
There were some moments when the dialoge was too loud and the sound kinda crackled a bit. The cinematography looked too amateur at some moment (I don't know if you wanted it that way). The main character in part 3 comes home and starts doing things 3 times, wasn't that from Matchstick Men? The last final thing was, the story built up slowly and unfolded super fast, I thought you could've added on to the ending a little bit and develop the final moments of the story a little better.

Final Grade: A- (out of A+)
Lawriejaffa
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Lawriejaffa »

Righty! The final part now complete! So that must make your film about 25 mins perhaps?

In anycase the same strengths remain I feel, as have been stated in previous points about your film parts, i.e. good acting, adequate production value.

I think doing a scene at night is very challenging and it didn't look too bad. Though i was watching this part on a laptop with the sound pretty low lol.

The acting was good, the camera work, less so cinematography in question, more so just handling, with the off the tripod shots going too and back between the chaps talking, this was a bit wobbly.

Some guys say hey man dont be afraid to get off the tripod, but only they who have already mastered (the non too complicated) tripod should hehe. In anycase the camera work was okay, some was over exposed, wobbly but this is a very VERY subjective issue, so ill move on

The story itself is good, but I was pretty certain the guy he would kill would be the mysterious smoking man, i think anyone relatively intellectual will guess this (from ages 21+ perhaps) The story is however solid imo.

The biggest issue perhaps is the most easily remedied with this film, taken in its entire form, and that is pace. You have mentioned before that the film pace is an issue that has been mentioned before, i suggest most sincerly that you address it, because the problem of pace is alarmingly obvious if you manage to have decent acting, camera and story already sorted ;)

This film, should really only be about 15 minutes long, also be aware that while the story is good, if you are aiming for arty festivals, or to try and provoke an intellectual reaction, (and lets face it an element of this film does given its type) I would not place so much faith in the story that it should be told so slowly. Its a good story, but good enuf only to keep attention perhaps for a far shorter time. But with that sorted, you can make instead of a 'pleasant-ish 25 mins' a spectacular 15mins.

In any case, I commend your film, and look forward to watching your next!
alecrossel

Post by alecrossel »

Thanks guys,

I love getting all this feedback, it will really help me in future productions. It's funny that most of the negatives expressed by you guys are the same ones I have as the film's writer/director.

Believe it or not most people didn't get the ending. The actual meaning behind that part of it is, SPOILER Richard sees the future. The way he sees it is through some one coming to him and telling him what will happen. That person took the form of the actual assassin himself. Richard creates his entire outside reality inside his own mind and that's why it happens that way. END SPOILER

As for the Matchstick Men thing, I didn't borrow from that movie in particular; the doing things three times thing is just a common trait of people with OCD.

Thanks again for all the feedback, you'll definitely be seeing more from me!

Alec
DarkElastic
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by DarkElastic »

Well done mate. I loved it. Not what I thought it was going to end like (my ending was better. Just kidding). At the conclusion I did think that he saw into the future, but I am happy you cleared it up.

The Good: Great acting from your lead actor. Great, spooky acting from the smoking man when he isn't talking. Good acting when he is. Locations were good. Good script. Great research. What Kentertainment says about 'Matchstick Men' is rubbish, they based their idea on a true mental disorder just like you did. You also built the tension up really well at the end.

The Bad: Wobbly camera in some shots.

Overall I give Part 3 9 out of 10.

I give the movie altogether 8 out of 10. Great start. I look forward to seeing your next. Congratulations.
O. M. G.

Orkney Movie Group
www.orkneymoviegroup.co.uk
alecrossel

Post by alecrossel »

DarkE,

Once again thank you for your intput. I'm very pleased to see that this film went over very well.

You will definitely see more from me.

Thanks again to everyone for all of your helpful input.

Alec
Kentertainment
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Kentertainment »

DarkElastic wrote:What Kentertainment says about 'Matchstick Men' is rubbish, they based their idea on a true mental disorder just like you did. You also built the tension up really well at the end.
Haha, my bad! Anywho, do you plan on any film festivals?
DarkElastic
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by DarkElastic »

Well taken Kentertainment. I didn't want to be nasty, but thought your statement was wrong.
O. M. G.

Orkney Movie Group
www.orkneymoviegroup.co.uk
lethelgirth87
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by lethelgirth87 »

I loved it, it was interesting and kept my attention the whole way through. Excellent job!
"Prolly Just Film"