Post your Armory!

Stunts and physical effects not involving computer generation

Moderators: Admin, Moderator Team

=JDL=

Post by =JDL= »

Epsilon wrote:Naw, I prefer not to at this time. :P

Did you receive my last Private Message, by chance?
yes i certainly did my man. I just need to get some sizes figured out and ill get back to you.
[img]http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b127/Jesse1369/230912934_l.gif[/img]
SgtPadrino
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by SgtPadrino »

Until I can get a picture of all my guns, I'll just list them here:

1 M16A2
2 AK47s
1 M37 pump action shotgun (busted to hell)
2 Uzis
1 M1 Thompson
3 MP40s
2 Colt .45s
1 Colt Commander (broken)
1 Beretta M9
1 .357 Magnum
1 Desert Eagle
Lawriejaffa
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Lawriejaffa »

10 AK's? I don't see what the point in that is and you need more? Origionality looks better in movies unless its a bunch of towelheads holding the guns. A shot of the people with guns is not gunna be with 10 people, you could have like 5 people in a shot and when it cuts to each person give them a gun, that the low budget way so you won't need even more.
Yep, well purchasing that volume of airsoft weaponry does not condemn my project to being unoriginal! lol! Yep obviously one does use a range of shots to create a desired impression, but you see in my script, the battle sequence is of a battle of almost a hundred men... with scenes where there are required, between 10 - 20 men in shot.

You will be surprised to learn DEDFX that a lot of films may require even more prop guns than I have...

I'll get a pic of all the stuff ive got up tomorrow ;)
justin!butcher

Post by justin!butcher »

2 M-4s
2 Colts
Three Berreta m-9s
Three different mp-5s
1 p 38

I didnt get out the other m4 or mymp40, youve all seen those before tho
ct_bullet
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by ct_bullet »

wicked kit, where'd you get it from? internet, gun events??
movie fanatic

http://wolfvisionp.tripod.com/
justin!butcher

Post by justin!butcher »

cheaper than dirt mosly. Thats only part tho,i have a couple bb gun sniper rifles i have customized and another m4.
But yeah it is nice to have around ; )
tallman_house_pictures
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by tallman_house_pictures »

hehe...nice collection!
www.tallmanhousepictures.com
tallmanhousepictures@gmail.com
ct_bullet
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by ct_bullet »

just attempted to metalise? my weapons, comments?
movie fanatic

justin!butcher

Post by justin!butcher »

That looks really really good for the mp-40. Just be careful not to over do it. Bu ti think you have it perfect right there
tallman_house_pictures
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Yes, looks awesome!
maj_barnes
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by maj_barnes »

THAT'S AMAZING!
DEDFX
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by DEDFX »

Looks great, and Jaffa, didnt know about the size of ur army....
Epsilon
Forum Master
Forum Master

Post by Epsilon »

Funny how sometimes people quote how fake plastic guns are in movies, while in fact they are pointing at real ones. If you ever see a new rifle, parts straight from the cosmoline wrappers, they are so clean and solid, they look "fake". Remember, you don't want the edges to look like chipped paint. It wears shinier over time as the black layer starts to dissolve. Yours look much overdone to myself, but play around with it. Layer black around the edges of the silver, and it should be a SMOOTH transition. If it gets a little messy, it only adds to it!. Guns used in war getting banged and dirtied up pretty fast. :)
justin!butcher

Post by justin!butcher »

Alot of scrapes works for the mp-40. IT was stamped metal, it wasnt very thick, or solid. It would scrape and wear faster than most metal recievers on guns, and the way you have it done is that the scratches are only on the lines that stick further out than the rest of the gun, so it looks like a very worn mp-40, but realistic all the same.
ct_bullet
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by ct_bullet »

cheers dudes, i have tried hard, and by the way, we are doing more layers on the paint, as it wears off fairly easy, the wearing obviosuly reduces the 'over painted' effect
movie fanatic

jcdenton
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by jcdenton »

I have sold most of my collection lately. I mean, how many guns do you need? Now I only got some glocks and some sigs in 9mm, plus some misc. stuff.
I like the sten2 in the first pic, I wish I had one. Is that thing fullauto and is it still working? (I assume it's in 9mm luger)
tallman_house_pictures
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

haha, no, its deactivated.
If it was still working I'd be raided.
rhys
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post you Armoury!

Post by rhys »

I have a bali song knife, that i bought for $15 thinking it was heaps bigger, turned out to be like 3-4inches all together.
I went to the show and bought a small crocodile knife, it is small too about the same size, and you pull out the blade from its stomach and it stayes out until you press a switch and move it back in.
I bought a whip from a 2 dollar shop sort of thing, it was called "Edies Emporium", for $10 and some annoying little kids broke the wrist thing off it. I started to use it on the cement and it tore a few of the leather things holding it together.
I have a toy magnum revolver that i bought from a $2 shop once again, for $5 and looks sweet, seeing as it is VERY illegal in Australia to own guns (you cant even have bb guns without a licence), i use cap guns for my movies.
I have a few more things but i cant remember them at the moment.
Im going to continue to play this "uplate gameshow" next year every day until i get $1000 so i can get the sword of daywalker repo, a pair of sai's, a really cool knife called the raven, a pair of extendble batons with holsters, 2 regular police batons with holsters, and 10 of these very good looking knives on ebay for $30.
ZombieKrieg2005

Post by ZombieKrieg2005 »

My armoury isnt impressive, has to be said but still...

WW2: Bolt action Carbine, air rifle (ok for close up along the barrel shots) 2x '45's, couple of assorted plastic german style pistols, 3 Gurka Kukris, two bayonets (ww1 and ww2) Panzerfaust, webly revolver lookalike, flare gun, AK47 converted to look like mp43, but can also obtain a sten gun, a couple more air rifles and mp44 look alike and more '45 and p38 pistols. (also got a wooden lookalike MG, cross between browning and mg42 that I threw together night before we were supposed to be filming)

Pre-C20th: Martini Henry Carbine, couple of assagis and a tomahawk(never really gonna use these, but who knows!). Single hand horse-bow, three sabres, two rapiers, 2 matchlock and 1 flintlock pistols, one full size matchlock and various knives. (these are going to be usd for my new prouction 1642)
http://lyssophobiaproductio.tripod.com/
delta_echo

Post by delta_echo »

Alright, I'll bite. As for real weapons (as in can fire actual rounds as well as blanks), I personally own an M1A(Civilian copy of the M14), a Russian Tula Arsenal SKS, One Colt Combat Commander 1911, One Springfield Armory GI .45 Copy, an AR15 configured to a Vietnam style M16, a cute .22 semi-auto, and an 1936 Japanese Arisaka rifle.

For fake weapons, I have two Vietnam Style Airsoft M16s, 1 Airsoft M60, A marushin blank-firing M16A1, an 8mm blank firing 1911, an airsoft M4 Carbine, and an airsoft USP.
maj_barnes
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by maj_barnes »

Last edited by maj_barnes on Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
delta_echo

Post by delta_echo »

Full size, exactly like the mil issue minus the "fun switch" (full auto). I've gotten to shoot the E3 version on auto, though. Quite a bit of fun.
maj_barnes
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by maj_barnes »

Last edited by maj_barnes on Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
ctbullet
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by ctbullet »

lovely goggles, health and safety junkie i see
Our Combat Years: In production
[img]http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a69/ct_bullet/wolfvisionpbanner2.jpg[/img]
http://wolfvisionp.tripod.com
delta_echo

Post by delta_echo »

For your enjoyment: http://media.putfile.com/Machine-Gun-Sh ... rt-for-Web . Just me and a few buddies.