Head decapitation

All aspects of low budget special effects.

Moderators: Admin, Moderator Team

rhys
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Head decapitation

Post by rhys »

Does anyone know how to make it look like someones head had been decapotated and head is left there lying on the ground?
I have checked out NC Cinema, but thats not exactly what im after.
While lookin for a decapitated head i found this: http://www.rcsnm.org/Calvin%20Website/i ... 20head.JPG
I found it interesting.
And i want to do this digitally, any ideas?
Hide or fight for your life?
maj_barnes
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

RE: Head decapitation

Post by maj_barnes »

I think NCC is about as close as you're going to get with digi. But to do that like the lamb would have to be done physically.
rhys
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by rhys »

Its real...
Grant

Post by Grant »

yes it looks real to me lol
Epsilon
Forum Master
Forum Master

Post by Epsilon »

Yep, that lamb lost its poor head... But look at the bright side: Lamb chops for supper! :D
rhys
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by rhys »

I hope it was dead when they did that, heheheheh!
Epsilon
Forum Master
Forum Master

Post by Epsilon »

Of course not. How else do you think the meat stays so fresh?
Magic-Man
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Magic-Man »

well i just started making a short which features something of a decapitation. The way i am going to do it is film the body react, then film the head sort of, acting to fall. I will then mask the head on to the body and key frame the head to fall. I will show you the results as soon as i have finished, its just i got back from America yesterday and i am jet lagged :)
maj_barnes
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Re: RE: Head decapitation

Post by maj_barnes »

rhys wrote:Its real...
And...

I said like: refering to simulating it.
DEDFX
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by DEDFX »

I'm having a head explosion in my movie from a bazooka!

Since I'm into special FX I know how to do this but to tell you how it'd take hours. Just make the head another layer and add motion to it then add a blur.
santi
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Re: Head decapitation

Post by santi »

rhys wrote: decapitated head
It's a tautology....
Santi

"Corpse of your enemy always smells nice"

---------------------
http://sfx.com.pl/
rhys
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

RE: Re: Head decapitation

Post by rhys »

Of course not. How else do you think the meat stays so fresh?
LOL!
Yeah, i cant understand a thing u guys are saying.
Well it seems a little hard to do so, ill give up. It was just a thing i was thinking about doin, it wasnt anything special. Pfft, ill just have a few kills in my movies, and they should all be neck brakes, high throws or stabs, but who knows? I will not have a single gun, seeing as its stupid, but i have realised that...
Epsilon
Forum Master
Forum Master

Post by Epsilon »

Fighting, neck breaking, guns... all the same unless you have a compatible story to begin with.
rhys
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by rhys »

I know, and by the way i clearly noted, no guns.
Epsilon
Forum Master
Forum Master

Post by Epsilon »

I missed my point. I am saying it doesn't matter what props you use. Saying that you refuse to use a single gun doesn't make any sense from a story point of view. You should always compose the script before deciding what props are necessary. It doesn't hinder the imagination that way.
Mr.Anderson
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Mr.Anderson »

Epsilon's right. Rhys, it always seems like you come up with weapons you wanna use or fight scenes you would like to make and base your script around that. When it should be the opposite. Story comes first. Fights and guns are just tools to tell the story.
"People can misinterpret almost anything so that it coincides with views they already hold. They take from art what they already believe."

-- Stanley Kubrick
ProdigyFilmsinc.

Post by ProdigyFilmsinc. »

Rhys, if your still interested in the decapitation thing, it is quite simple. Have your actor stand in front of a green screen and just wrap your actors head in a green clothe and key it out with an overlay of the same back ground on top. Never tried it but thats what they pretty much did in Jeepers Creepers 2. Hope it helped.
Who ever said digital is better than film should hang for treason.
rhys
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by rhys »

I missed my point.
Lol! Yeah, and i did too. All i was saying is that i wont have guns because it always becomes unbelievable and stupid if i do, what 13 year old runs around with a gun all day? In Australia? Honestly, i noted that i was not having guns because i think that they are overused and are way too straight forward: Bang, Bleed, Die.
I want knives and swords because they can be alot more artistic, and can be altered to a persons personality. The suspence is also alot easier to do, because some one shooting at you is s*** scary, but it takes time/costs alot to make gun hole stuff and make a person seem scared while all that is happening. If someone brings out a sword and holds it to ur throught, ur more scared with a sharp sharaded blade then u would be if it were a metal projecting square.
Also, as i was saying in a few posts is that Vinsore: The Beginning (i figured that out) will be lightly based on my life so the storyline will be easier and i can show people how i feel. And i have never seen a gun in person before, exept for the rifle of my uncles who lives in tasmania, and walking past a cop. So that is my reason of why i am not using guns, there too hard and they dont fit my story.
But i will not start writing by script until i find out the ending to this inside story thing. If you really need to know, my movie so far is the transition of me turning into an assassin then moving back out again to merely becoming a vidual-anti (i cant spell). Thats as small as i could possibly write it, but thats about the story.
Epsilon
Forum Master
Forum Master

Post by Epsilon »

Personally, I think it is more of a challenge to look threatening with a bladed object than a firearm.
ProdigyFilmsinc.

Re: RE: Re: Head decapitation

rhys wrote:

what 13 year old runs around with a gun all day? In Australia?
What 13 yearold runs around with a staff and all these other weapons and knows how to use them? Just a reminder, keep it realistic unless it is supposed to be crazy.
UFProductions
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

RE: Re: RE: Re: Head decapitation

Post by UFProductions »

rhys wrote:vidual-anti (i cant spell)
F*cking hilarious. Anyway continue...
Losing consciousness,
in the arms of an angel,
I find only peace.
rhys
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

RE: Re: RE: Re: Head decapitation

Post by rhys »

What 13 yearold runs around with a staff and all these other weapons and knows how to use them?
ME! Seriously, the movie im makin is based on me, so legally, i am the 13 year old that runs around with a staff and other weapons and knows how to use them. But obviously, i wont be walking around the streets at night with a frickin pole in my hand. But all of my other weapons i use can be hidden underclothing so im not so obvious to othe people who see a teenager walking around with unconcealed weaponry. That would be funny, hey look its rhys, wtf is he doing with a 6 ft pole?
ProdigyFilmsinc.

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Head decapitation

rhys wrote: ME! Seriously, the movie im makin is based on me, so legally, i am the 13 year old that runs around with a staff and other weapons and knows how to use them. But obviously, i wont be walking around the streets at night with a frickin pole in my hand. But all of my other weapons i use can be hidden underclothing so im not so obvious to othe people who see a teenager walking around with unconcealed weaponry. That would be funny, hey look its rhys, wtf is he doing with a 6 ft pole?
Alright this movie ios starting to come together in my mind....A 5 minute short os Rhys walking around his neighborhood woith nunchucks and throwing stars concealed in various articles of clothing. He sees a gang and decides to drop in. A really cool 30 sec. shot of Rhys pulling out the chucks and swinging em' around and than some dude pulls a gun and shoots him jsut like that. (Indiana Jones)Slow motion adn sad music. Rhys if you did that I would bow down and worship you for a day. It would honestly make me laugh till I peed.
DEDFX
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by DEDFX »

So you will be concealing them so nobody can see your weapons until people are gone then you bust them out and fight for your movie? I can see it now...

!HEAD NEWS!

Rhys, shot down by police! 13 year old take 13 bullets to the chest! Ironically!

Pedestrian: "Well I saw him CONCEILING these throwing stars and what looked to me like nunchuks! I saw him conceiling them under his jacket and knew they must have been real and used for a mass murder or he wouldn't have been hiding them from the public.

HAHAHAHA
ProdigyFilmsinc.

DEDFX, yours wins. That is much beter.Except you forgot to mention how deadly looking a 13 year old looked with the "concealed" weapons.