The School Run (Zombie film)

This forum is for announcing and discussing your films.

Moderator: Moderator Team

britishbulldog
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

The School Run (Zombie film)

Post by britishbulldog »

hey folks i have another movie for you to slate into the ground

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMy-SxYvF2I

filmed and edited in one day so its a bit rough !!!! bear that in mind when you tear it apart
Jperson
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

RE: The School Run (Zombie film)

Post by Jperson »

What on Earth? i DID NOT get that!! What? The acting was pretty bad and you could have done with more angles... And also the sound randomly changed when you cut between angles... Plus the cutting together of scenes was poor and slow... Explain. What exactly happened?

3/10
[url=http://tinite.com][img]http://onstoryline.com/Atinitefilmsstrip.gif[/img][/url]
Ornsack

Post by Ornsack »

I only got a chance to see a little bit but it looked like you were just playing a game and filmed it at the same time :D
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=loFABl-1Zcw]THE SALESMAN - YouTube[/url]
britishbulldog
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by britishbulldog »

well watch the rest please as i value your opinion unlike some other people on here .... *cough rhys cough jperson*
MadCowFilms

Post by MadCowFilms »

Sorry I couldn't come on Sunday. My mum wouldn't let me go as I don't even know you (in person) and thinks you could be a perv O_o

Sorry. Cool Film though. Kinda funny...
:Powers coming soon...
http://www.freewebs.com/themadcowfilms
Jperson
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Jperson »

Oh, that was the film you were talkin' about Mad Cow! Lucky you wern't in it, in mu opinion. And British bulldog: [quote='britishbulldog'] *cough rhys cough jperson* [/quote] . ANd i'm said to be immature? So do you value anyone's opinion who gives a bad rating? And if you only value Ornsack's opinion (which looks like he doesn't like it either...) then maybe you should have posted 'Only Ornsack reply though, please... You can't just completly ignore people's opinion...
[url=http://tinite.com][img]http://onstoryline.com/Atinitefilmsstrip.gif[/img][/url]
Jperson
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Jperson »

Oh, that was the film you were talkin' about Mad Cow! Lucky you wern't in it, in mu opinion. And British bulldog: [quote='britishbulldog'] *cough rhys cough jperson* [/quote] . ANd i'm said to be immature? So do you value anyone's opinion who gives a bad rating? And if you only value Ornsack's opinion (which looks like he doesn't like it either...) then maybe you should have posted 'Only Ornsack reply though, please... You can't just completly ignore people's opinion...
britishbulldog
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by britishbulldog »

double post ??? no i dont value your opinion as your both about 11 and you think your film experts and your work jointly sucks at least my film doesnt include me just wacking a pillow with a stick for ten minutes before going down stairs getting myself a drink and making noises like i have a bad case of constipation
film fanatic
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by film fanatic »

After watching it all, I'd say that the main problem being that I couldn't understand what was happening, and the whole running with a camera thing was kind of unnerving and unfamiliar. Sorry. Also, it seemed that there was no need for the school to be there at all, and some of the sound effects were a bit cr** :D Other than that, I can see you had a good time making it!
britishbulldog
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by britishbulldog »

lol yer it was quite fun and yer i wish we had more time to do it i will probably make a longer version with some decent sound affects and use better editing software all in all i would say its not bad for something that was filmed and edited in one day on movie maker

anyway the school is where the 4 survivors are staying and they have met people over tinternet and make plans to escape (the whole distracting the zombies thing) gather supplies get a car meet back up and drive to meet the people they spoke to online but it goes horribly wrong its fairly simple but still only about half the people who ave seen it actually understood what was going on i thought it was fairly simple but meh
justin!butcher

Post by justin!butcher »

...I thought the running with the camera was ok..even most of the acting to a certain extent but you blew it by the way you showed it. Anyway if wasnt to bad...I to turned it off becasue I had no clue what was happening. You obviously had good locations which made a big difference but watch other zombie moves (I cannot believe i jsut said that) and watch how they do it and try and create the same feelings you like in those movies in your own.
rhys
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by rhys »

A blair witch style of filming for a college production. Truely horrible. Your like 16 at leasted and u film worse than an 8 year old.
Im not kidding. The angles werent even angles, the horror was completely horrible, and that editing could have been done in 20 seconds. The acting was also excrusiatingly bad. The zombie was lame. The sound effects were just depressing. And frankly, you have no skill.
I wasnt even bothered to watch the rest.
I know that this movie was done in 24 hours, but most of mine are done in like 2 hours (thats for the long a** fight scenes).
Please grow some talent. I know this is mean, but i think you need to be told.
Hide or fight for your life?
britishbulldog
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by britishbulldog »

your fight scenes are done in two hours and there still that bad ayy well through experience i know i can dismiss anything you say, as you single people out and divert your anger towards them as a way of getting back at everyone in the forum for criticising your own work as its the worst out of everyone here even jperson has you beat sorry but you need to be told i suggest you watch your own stuff back and ask yourself wether you should really say the stuff you do about other peoples work when your own is so bad
a.qotsa.fan

Post by a.qotsa.fan »

i enjoyed it, the constant running camera shot added a sence of urjency, and i liked the facked you had a lot of extras its what u need in that sort of film, i like the idea but i would have loved to see the guy at the end commit sueside rather than be eaten much more emotion, but on the hole it was good, and im not getting into this buti thinks its quite apparent who is the better film maker, in this case age provales, it wasnt the best ive seen, but ive often wondered what would happen if we got a z-day and thats what i think i would do....
britishbulldog
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by britishbulldog »

o thank god not everyone thinks its crappy im glad somone enjoyed it
F.F.F.

Post by F.F.F. »

I liked it. I especially liked the shot from the roof of the zombies. But we could see the roof. I understood the plot. But the beginning confused me when they shoved the guy into the bathroom. And what did that guy get from the store? Just keep working on those camera angles. Kudos.
justin!butcher

Post by justin!butcher »

rhys wrote:A blair witch style of filming for a college production. Truely horrible. Your like 16 at leasted and u film worse than an 8 year old.
Im not kidding. The angles werent even angles, the horror was completely horrible, and that editing could have been done in 20 seconds. The acting was also excrusiatingly bad. The zombie was lame. The sound effects were just depressing. And frankly, you have no skill.
I wasnt even bothered to watch the rest.
I know that this movie was done in 24 hours, but most of mine are done in like 2 hours (thats for the long a** fight scenes).
....I cant believe Im hearing this coming from you dude. You really shouldnt flame other people when your in the posotion that you are.
Vor
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Vor »

hey, i thought this movie was pretty entertaining, i dont think many people on here knew what kinda look you were going for, but i think i did.
the sound coulda been better and i said color correction on the comment i left you on youtube, but now i know that you did it with windows movie maker, so ill cut you some slack...but i believe its very well done for making it in 1 day using the crappy program heh.
And frankly, you have no skill.
how about you take your own damn advice and make something good?
excrusiatingly bad.
...and don't use big words if you cant spell them "excruciatingly"

im not like being mean here, i dont hate you or anything....but you seriously have a problem with giving people advice on making movies...when you dont even follow them...
rhys
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by rhys »

I do, i just havent made one in ages, and i was so damn lazy when i made them movies.
Hide or fight for your life?
britishbulldog
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by britishbulldog »

thanks for the feedback, i got pinacle studio version 9 the other day so I'm gonna make a longer version with some decent sound affects
Tench745

Post by Tench745 »

(A note, I have not made any films yet, so take my advice with a grain of salt)
rhys wrote:Truely horrible. Your like 16 at leasted and u film worse than an 8 year old.
This is unnecessary, it's just trolling. If you cannot say anythin nice... well you know. This goes for the people responding to Rhys's post too. Even if his films aren't that great, don't compound the problem by beang rude back.
I do agree that the camera angles need work. For instance, when the two guys jump the fence, it's hard to tell who's who because they're dressed so similarly, and they don't stay on the same side of the screen in each shot. Some good advice I've gotten from a home movie book. Unless you pan around a character, or work your way around with different shots there is no reason for them to be on a different side of the screen. That kind of stood out to me.
I thought the sound was for using the camera's mic. The sound effects as you already know need some tweaking.
And most importantly, there isn't really a beginning explaining why they are trapped in a school or where the zombies come from.
Summary: Add some footage, reshoot some of the angles, and tweak your sounds. I liked it.
Darzeth

Post by Darzeth »

That wasn't bad at all some shots werent the best like the scene at the fence. Im guessing the zombies were supose to be there but yet you couldnt see them, Alot of the special effects werent great like no blood when biting or nothing. THe only good sound effect was the zombie noise. Also how did he get the gun, Other then those it was a good video I understood the whole shacky camera parts it was obvious you were using the cam as if yuo were recording something with friends then the real zombies started to happen. more angles wouldnt have been bad either just to mention. Also if you want scenes to fit more together or angle to angle to work better try for more consistatie. Also try to fully film a scene from different angles and splice them together. Thats All i got to say really other then tha tI like it.
Last edited by Darzeth on Sun Jan 28, 2007 6:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
angusware
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by angusware »

To just comment on films saying "terrible" or "grow some talet" isn't goning to help his next film be any better, perhaps you should consider telling him what was wrong?
Personally I only watched the first 4 seconds before screaming and running away, which was partly because it was 9:59 and my internet connection is screwed. The camera looked shaky and
the first thing I saw wasn't great.
The time you took to make something is not something to boast, showing that you rush (rhys) or that you are the best for doing it in a certain period of time mean you aren't patient
enough to direct and collaborate.
Darzeth

Post by Darzeth »

ya the first part was shaking but its the way it was ment to look from what i saw. If you watch ther est which alot didnt but your trying to help. It was way better after the beginning.
angusware
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by angusware »

Now I saw the rest I liked it, it has a sort of Cult film feels about it, like bad taste...The camera work and editing was terrible, but I enjoyed it, so we'll call that arty...
I loved that shot of them running down the path with the pole in between them...