Motion Capture

All aspects of low budget special effects.

Moderators: Admin, Moderator Team

Radiate
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Motion Capture

Post by Radiate »

Does anyone here know of a way do work with motion capture in After Effects and/or 3D studio max?
"Do you not know? Have you not heard? The Lord is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He will not grow tired or weary, and his understanding no one can fathom."
-Isaiah 40:28
SpecialFX

RE: Motion Capture

Post by SpecialFX »

Wishful Thinking...

Motion capture is expensive and cant be found for under 50,000 dollars it requires the program, then the sensors which are the basis of motion capture and then a tracker i believe. So if you have 50,000 dollars lying around then check out FAMOUS3D or Alias MoCap or Alias Motion Builder.
crossfire
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by crossfire »

ya normally u need mo-cap studios and stuff very expensive, but if anyone knows a really ceap way to do then please speak im all ears!
You blithering, blathering, bloody, back-stabbing b*tch
Radiate
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Radiate »

Well, I know there is a way to do it with 3D studio max for sure, I have a friend who does it.
Anyone else?
"Do you not know? Have you not heard? The Lord is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He will not grow tired or weary, and his understanding no one can fathom."
Almondo99
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Almondo99 »

Usually motion capture involves motion capture cameras, but www.highend3d.com might have some good info.
Google 3ds Max Tutorials, that might bring up something. Although I would go with Keyframe animation, Mocap is for exact animation which can be achieved by keyframing.
The Illuminated | The Matrix Revalations
-Production | Pre-production
Radiate
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Radiate »

Has anyone on this site actually ever tried it? Some actual help would be appreciated...
UFProductions
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by UFProductions »

If you've got a friend who does it just ask him!
Losing consciousness,
in the arms of an angel,
I find only peace.
Radiate
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Radiate »

Well, I will try but he is very busy all of the time.