Digital Blood (HERE!)

All aspects of low budget special effects.

Moderators: Admin, Moderator Team

rhys
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Digital blood

Post by rhys »

No offence, but that blood looks terrible.
You should do what i did, get a picture of realistic blood splattered, then enlarge it quickly and make it disappear.
It looks suprisingly real.
rhys
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Digital blood

Post by rhys »

No offence, but that blood looks terrible.
You should do what i did, get a picture of realistic blood splattered, then enlarge it quickly and make it disappear.
It looks suprisingly real.
rhys
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Digital blood

Post by rhys »

Very sorry about the double reply. :cry:
aaronv2
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by aaronv2 »

and i thaught you guys were film makers... such a shame.
maj_barnes
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by maj_barnes »

I like it for the use. I tryied the blood splatter thing, for me it doesn't look too good.
crossfire
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by crossfire »

I cannot seem to download it anymore it says that it has been deleted.
realism is all that matters in this world.
THAT IS NOT TRUE!!!! if you wanted realism watch a documentry, what if you want the blood to look fake, maybe because that would make the film look better! have you thought of that. Realism isnt very easy to find in ARTISTIC films (please note that they are called artistic films, and not realistic films) For those who have seen the new Zatoichi film in 2003, you will know what i am talking about, if they were to use real as opposed to CGI it would have looked like a violent slasher film, but the CGI blood was (i cannot find the right word so i am going to call it beautiful)
You blithering, blathering, bloody, back-stabbing b*tch
=JDL=

Post by =JDL= »

CGI is ruining films these days.They use it for way too many useless things. I dont think there 100% useless but id rather do my special effects non-digitally, especially blood. I think blood in movies should look realistic. If your going to shoot somebody in the head, why not give it that extra realistic 'kick'? The only thing i think CGI should be used for is large sequences like all the troops and boats coming to shore right after D-Day in SPR, and for Science Fiction films like Star Wars because you can obviously not create space without CGI. CGI costs alot more too.
[img]http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b127/Jesse1369/230912934_l.gif[/img]
maj_barnes
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by maj_barnes »

=JDL= wrote:CGI costs alot more too.
It cost more to get a squib set up than to add a smoke puff or blood. Watch SPR more closely and you'll notice alot of digital blood and hit puffs.
Epsilon
Forum Master
Forum Master

Post by Epsilon »

Fact: Neither of you know what you are talking about.

Everybody seems to forget what motions pictures are about in this era. ENTERTAINMENT!!! It's whether something looks realistic, or used a squib or compositied graphics, or even whether it really makes sense. However, a filmmaker should have a moral responsability to get things historically accurate if based on actual events. But as for something silly like who used what for this and that to make which whatever, as long as it works, who gives a darn!?

Computer graphics is not always cheaper or more expensive, everything is relative!!! Sure squibs may be realistic solution... but if you are THAT freakin hooked on realism to start farting your mouth at all CG, then why not use REAL BULLETS instead? It would sure as heck look a lot more real than a squib... Hell, the acting would be quite real then too!

DO REALIZE that everything in Hollywood is FAKE FAKE!!!!! FAKE. Now how can you start going off about realism?

:|
maj_barnes
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by maj_barnes »

Epsilon wrote:then why not use REAL BULLETS instead? It would sure as heck look a lot more real than a squib... Hell, the acting would be quite real then too!
I was, but I found out that they clam it to be against the law; I'll find a loophole eventually. :P
=JDL=

Post by =JDL= »

maj_barnes wrote:
=JDL= wrote:CGI costs alot more too.
It cost more to get a squib set up than to add a smoke puff or blood.
How do you figure? What about computer software expenses? Last i heard they cost a butt load of money. Not everone uses squibs either.
maj_barnes
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by maj_barnes »

If your making a movie, then you should have decent editing software, with basic keying effects.
crossfire
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by crossfire »

this is being looked at in the wrong way, these blood effects DONT look real, MAYBE they were made to look how they do, maybe not, i myself sometimes do digital blood on purpose (please note the sometimes in the previous sentence) not to make it cheaper, or more realistic but because i want it to look a certain way, maybe because i want it to look CGI. Tell me what makes painters such as Michelangelo, etc. more famous than photographers, because (although photography IS an art) it is not nearly as artistic as paintings, if you want realism look at a photograph, if you want beauty, or something magical, or special, etc. look at a painting. REALISM IS NOT ALWAYS BETTER!! and most basic editing programs have some sort of basic keying effects, so if you do editing you should be able to do some basic keying. maj_barnes, i am sure that many people appreciate the effort of some digital blood, and oh By the way the second blood test link doesnt work, the website says that the file has been deleted.
maj_barnes
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by maj_barnes »

maj_barnes wrote: I have to warn you, this is DIGITAL it will not look as good as the real thing.
Also, yea, I've been deleting alot of stuff from my site, because I've been filling it with other files; if you want the test, just give me your email.
DEDFX
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by DEDFX »

Garry King said squibs cost more, like sometimes $1,000 each... remember =JDL=?¿
Epsilon
Forum Master
Forum Master

Post by Epsilon »

Epsilon wrote:Fact: Neither of you know what you are talking about.
My bad...

NONE of you know what you are talking about.

(except crossfire)
=JDL=

Post by =JDL= »

DEDFX wrote:Garry King said squibs cost more, like sometimes $1,000 each... remember =JDL=?¿
ya, you can make a blood effect non-digitally without CGI, or squibs. Im not just talking about gunshot wounds, im talking about anything.

But in the end i think this all comes down to opinion. Some people lile CGI. Fine. Some people like using squibs and other man made effects. Fine. Lets stop babling.
maj_barnes
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by maj_barnes »

Epsilon wrote: NONE of you know what you are talking about.
I don't even know what you're talking about.
aaronv2
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by aaronv2 »

You people sit here and argue the realism of 3d and the qualms about using it. you say it is for realism and that realism makes your films better. this is of course untrue.

The only thing that makes films good is the people who make them. and let me tell you we dont worry about wether something will look real, fake, stylized, cool its simply a matter of knowing what you want. Movies aren't about special effects and who does the most outrageous stuff its simply about the telling of a story to have an emotional impact on whoever is watching it.

bickering about wether your blood looks real why 3d is bad and squibs are good blah blah is side tracking you from the obvious truth that you all pick up these little things over your experience of what you read and agree with.

your conversation is not unlike that of music or religeon you argue about all the stupid meaningless bits and forget the underlying theme.

lets get one thing straight. 3d is in no way bad and depending on its use can look completely real. Digital imagery like set extension and attention to detail and the small stuff that gets changed is barely visible except to someone who knows what to look for in 3d and sometimes it even fools them. The simple fact is you use your effects and etc to make the emotional response in your movie better not to please all the people who just go there to see a magnificent 3d battle scene...

the thing i dont get is no matter what you use you people still dont like how it looks. wether its the "dummies look too fake" or "3d people look too fake" I dont agree with what you guys are doing.

you look at things with your mind already made up... you have no creativity to make things your own and make your own way... that is what makes a good film maker. as long as he/she can picture what they want and find the best way to get it to look the way they want. Then the producer tells them to find a cheaper way and theres some arguments. anyway.

just think about it. instead of arguing.
Muzzle Flashes, Bullet Time, Lightsabers, Buffy Vampire Effects, War Films.... Ahhhhh!
[img]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y224/aaronv2/bashed.gif[/img]
crossfire
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by crossfire »

Bravo very well said
maj_barnes
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by maj_barnes »

I like arguing, gives me something to do.
aaronv2
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by aaronv2 »

why not do some creative work instead?
Muzzle Flashes, Bullet Time, Lightsabers, Buffy Vampire Effects, War Films.... Ahhhhh!
[img]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y224/aaronv2/bashed.gif[/img]
Epsilon
Forum Master
Forum Master

Post by Epsilon »

I've always said that! But does anybody ever listen? Nope! :P
maj_barnes
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by maj_barnes »

Because in arguements, you might find something new and be able to use it.
Catscratch44

Post by Catscratch44 »

There is just to much controversy between digital and real if your good at real go real if your good at digital then go digital I personally like to mix digital and real to get the best effect possible
"A morning without coffee is like sleep."