Freezing people

Stunts and physical effects not involving computer generation

Moderators: Admin, Moderator Team

Catscratch44

Freezing people

Post by Catscratch44 »

I"m trying to creat the effect of someone frozen, sort of a bluish tint to the skin and some ice on the lips,nose and such
"A morning without coffee is like sleep."
Kentertainment
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

RE: Freezing people

Post by Kentertainment »

Oh, I'm not sure of this but it might explain how they did it to the people in "Titanic" when they're all floating dead in the water on the DVD, I don't own it so I'm not sure but I do remember them talking about it on some sort of "Top 100 DVD's" show.
Epsilon
Forum Master
Forum Master

RE: Freezing people

Post by Epsilon »

Floating dead people? Easy. They built a giant pool 5-6 feet deep enough to stand, with lots of makeup!
Vor
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Vor »

Put some blue makeup on everybody, and sprinkel some baby powder on them to look like frost...
Ivan Speilberg

Post by Ivan Speilberg »

Baby powder will not do the trick.(maybe baby powder WITH white glitter on it)
On Titanic, they used a product used also in beer commercials called "Ice Powder".

It's a fine dust-like powder that coagulates and "crystallizes" into fake ice. Beer commercials use this product because on camera, it looks just like ice and it can withstand the lights and room temperature for extended periods of time and still look like Ice. It’s a bit expensive but it's worth it if you want to achieve maximum realism.
My next-door neighbor is a publicist that works for "Medalla", a famous puertorrican beer. I saw him once using this in one commercial. He even let me put "makeup" in one of the bottles for one shot.
The procedure was:
1- Paint part of the bottle with frost spray paint (protect the label from getting painted)
2- Whit a bottle sprayer, apply a mixture of 50/50 water and glycerin
3- Apply the ice powder and allow it to "crystallize"
4- Apply more water/ glycerin and if needed, sprinkle the bottle with a bit of very fine translucent glitter to create a frozen-like sparkling glow.
Forum status should be determined by QUALITY of posts, not by quantity.
windog
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by windog »

Ice Powder
Never heard of it, post a report if you use some
<a href="http://alexmassey.voice123.com">Alex Massey - voice over</a>

I will try to beat any other voice over quote!
aaronv2
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by aaronv2 »

i seem to recall people using epson salts to make frozen makeup.. i also remember it waqs dangerous i cant remember what ekse they added to it this was a docco on the frighteners. google mybe?
Muzzle Flashes, Bullet Time, Lightsabers, Buffy Vampire Effects, War Films.... Ahhhhh!
[img]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y224/aaronv2/bashed.gif[/img]
Bullseye

Re: RE: Freezing people

Post by Bullseye »

Epsilon wrote:Floating dead people? Easy. They built a giant pool 5-6 feet deep enough to stand, with lots of makeup!
floating dead people aren't necessarily frozen. and frozen people dont necessarily float (coughjackcough).
DEDFX
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

RE: Re: RE: Freezing people

Post by DEDFX »

LOL, DiCaprio came and went. Guess it was because girls loved him. Go to Wal-Mart or CVS and get blue blush or something along the lines (you might wanna bring your sister or mom, so people don't think your a queer....)