VENDETTA: THE TRAILER

This forum is for announcing and discussing your films.

Moderator: Moderator Team

buck_suck

VENDETTA: THE TRAILER

Post by buck_suck »

Hey everyone.

I'd like to introduce my 11th production, Vendetta. I've sent the trailer version in for the Film Galleries section but Mr. Hawkins hasn't gotten back to me on it yet. Hence, I couldn't resist but post about it anyway. (Think of it is a prequel :) ) The synopsis is below. Please let me know what you think, and be liberal about whatever comments, suggestions, opinions, feedback, raves, criticisms, dislike, or praise regarding the film or what we do. Feel free to contact me (E-mail listed at bottom of page)

Anyway, it is viewable at http://www.youtube.com/watch.php?v=2cmo3VJKyRs (Poor quality. Website compresses it drastically) and downloadable at http://s18.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=11D4 ... RRVFXM4U3V (Medium quality. I dont know how long this link will last though)

SNYOPSIS

Vendetta I: The Union Buries Its Dead, is essentially a prequel to the first Vendetta which took part in last years Canon Film Festival; Vendetta I takes places a few years before the first film where the police officer from the first production, Luther, is seen struggling against the Union, a collection of Triad bosses bent on manipulation, murder, and deceit. Having worked for the Union as a dirty cop for over 7 years, Luther has enough and wants out. However, being a high-ranked police officer on their payroll, the Union refuses to let him go. Vendetta entails how both men on each side of the law attempt to overthrow each other through the use of numerous ingeniously cold-blooded set ups, assassinations, and betrayals all accumulating themselves in a spectacular climax in this slick movie of betrayal, death, action, suspense, and, above all, vengeance.

The 1 min trailer of this production premiered as a Finalist in Mediacorp's Project Pilot Filmmaking competition in September 2005; several snippets of the film were shown on Channel News Asia (National TV), a local magazine, LIME, and the national newspaper TODAY.

If you would like a copy of our FULL 30 MIN VERSION, please do not hesitate to contact me at buck_suck@hotmail.com. As mentioned, if you'd like to tell me anything else, be it either good or bad, e-mail me :P
buck_suck

RE: VENDETTA: THE TRAILER

Post by buck_suck »

C'mon....Anything at all?
[url=http://www.video.google.com/videoplay?docid=3477108537208786893][img]http://static.zooomr.com/images/334268_b06a4b1a6b.jpg[/img][/url]
ct_bullet
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

RE: VENDETTA: THE TRAILER

Post by ct_bullet »

looks pretty darn cool
movie fanatic

http://wolfvisionp.tripod.com/
ipon70
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by ipon70 »

Looks good.
ipon70
www.nova-productions.com
www.lakesideentertainment.com

Latest Game [url=http://www.nova-productions.com/whack_a_bean.html]Whack-A-Bean[/url]
buck_suck

Post by buck_suck »

Haha thanks. Anywhere I can improve on?
[url=http://www.video.google.com/videoplay?docid=3477108537208786893][img]http://static.zooomr.com/images/334268_b06a4b1a6b.jpg[/img][/url]
joe

Post by joe »

i watched the trailer a few times. i thought the narration over the trailer kinda cheesed it out. but im not all that big a fan of voiced over trailers, so that could be personal opinion. the music was alright, good pace for the trailer. but it had parts where the audio cut lower for the voiceover.. the audio fades should have been smoother probably, bc it distracts how it is now. the cinematograpy was alright.. its hard to tell without watching the whole movie though.. again, hard to tell with the acting, though the first voice from the movie that says "you know what you did..." sounded pretty cheesy.. like the actor was trying to sound sinister, but not really selling it. the transition of voices saying the same line was a good idea, but it might have been better had the voices mixed in the middle of the line or something.. not really sure, but it was a bit odd this way. im not too big a fan of amateur cg, cuz it is usually real crappy, but the sparks actually looked decent. the muzzle flashes looked ok in some parts, though it might sell them better to be bigger.. especially for the automatics.. its really hard to make a convincing one though, and sometimes pro movies dont even look great, so i wouldnt worry about it much i guess. overall man, it looks alright. its cool that you got that many people together for the movie.. tell a bit more.. how old are you? what are you shooting on? oh yeah, im not trying to drag you down or anything with criticisms man.. its the best way to grow though.
maj_barnes
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by maj_barnes »

It looked really good, reminded me alot of Shiri. Yea, the voice over thing did get a bit chessy, after a few of them you can tell that the voices are just reverbed. One part I noticed when the mian character (I guess) pushes off the desk with the Mac 10, the shell begin to come out before he starts firing and the shells vary in which side they come out; nit picks. I did like how you got the muzzle smoke, that was very inventive, although when the two guys are firing to the right of the camera, you might want to speed it up because the rocket was way too noticable.

Overall it looked really good.
lethelgirth87
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by lethelgirth87 »

i'm a fan
"Prolly Just Film"
buck_suck

Thank you.

Post by buck_suck »

im not trying to drag you down or anything with criticisms man.. its the best way to grow though.
I understand perfectly. It is indeed my personal philosophy that it is only through criticism that independent filmmakers can grow and develop their ideas into something better for the next film. While commercial film has its critics, we here have to depend on net reviews haha. Keep them all coming - Be it either good or bad. I reckon its better to learn now than later.
how old are you? what are you shooting on?
Its funny you should ask that haha. While I was 15 most of the time during the movie. The last scene we did in the Church courtyard was my 16th birthday itself haha. Similarly, all our actors are around the same age between 15-16. We're shooting on a small JVC handheld which resembles, as someone told me before, a 5 year old camera even though it was bought in March this year. Guess thats what 13++ films does to equipment :?
you know what you did..." sounded pretty cheesy.. like the actor was trying to sound sinister, but not really selling it.
Yea, the voice over thing did get a bit chessy, after a few of them you can tell that the voices are just reverbed
I agree. The 'deep voice' effect, inspired of course, by the infamous deep-nasal Don La Fountain who does essentially all hollywood trailiers, was really CG because i got our narrator to say it in his normal voice then we added echos and other basic effects to deepen the pitch.
One part I noticed when the mian character (I guess) pushes off the desk with the Mac 10, the shell begin to come out before he starts firing and the shells vary in which side they come out;
although when the two guys are firing to the right of the camera, you might want to speed it up because the rocket was way too noticable.
Where we live, (Singapore), guns - be it either toy, replica, or real, are illegal. As it is, we spent 1-2k getting the weapons you saw from....Various sources....The question of whether toy guns should be allowed is essentially a legal blackhole...Which really sucks (No pun intended :D ) As getting toy/airsofts was already so hard, there was no doubt whatsoever that we could not use a real cap gun or fire blanks out of a real automatic. Hence, the inconsistencies you noted came from the use of CG animated bullet shells and my editing =P. Likewise, all the muzzle flashes, and sparks, etc. are CGI are taken off Detonation Films with their permission.

The movie industry in Singapore is really horrendously bad with not a SINGLE action film to date so we have to depend alot on ourselves and limited resources - Or on kind souls on the net haha.
its cool that you got that many people together for the movie.. tell a bit more..
Ah we entered this into a competition here in Singapore and they were amazed at how many extras we used and the enormous body count at the end of the film haha. Well, most of them are my friends or classmates that were free or I managed to convince to act. Even though its free labor, it is hell for me because acting is usually below-par, personnel aren't that devoted cuz they're just doing me a favor, and they are rather inconsistent with their commitments. While it is nice that they bother to give me a hand, I'd rather work with professionals. I have a huge pool of actors but a extremely small base of post-production, administrative, or direction workers. For instance, although we can pull 40-50 actors when we push the panic button, I still have to do all the editing, camera operating, directing, producing, and logistical coordination. Taking so many hats stresses me out like crazy haha.

Thanks for the kind comments about the music because it was a horrendous affair. I depend solely on ONE student producer to get music done and he has proved increasingly inefficient. If anyone is willing to exchange soundtracks, I'd be eternally grateful. We'll also be embarking on a horror-noirish film in 2 weeks in the hopes that we can win a local film festival - It seems that only either drama, horror, or abstract stuff has the potential to win at festivals because action and comedy are looked down upon as 'comericial junk'. I wish I could still do action but in order to win I guess I have to make this sacrifice to do a different genre.

Besides my ramblings, please feel free to post additional comments, suggestions, criticisms, or opinions. Like I said, everything and anything is welcomed. Thanks for your time, guys.
rep22
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by rep22 »

Looks good. Scenery and location was awesome. I thought it was compiled nicely and went well with the music. Good job.
CaptainAmerica

Post by CaptainAmerica »

Looks good keep it up.
Matt Haight
Writer
Director
buck_suck

Post by buck_suck »

Thanks haha. ^_^