Revenant (my first short film)

This forum is for announcing and discussing your films.

Moderator: Moderator Team

elusivepictures

Revenant (my first short film)

Post by elusivepictures »

Hey, I've been lurking for a while, thought I'd sign up now I actually have something to show. I started a video production degree in Sept and our latest assignment was Script to Screen and my script got picked to be made. So, written and directed by yours truely, I present Revenant:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... q=revenant

Genre: Horror/Vampire
Length: 3 mins
Budget: £20

Let me know what you think!
Theshapecool
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

RE: Revenant (my first short film)

Post by Theshapecool »

I liked it, the crusifix melting was very good, good location too!
The guy who played the vamp was good and i liked the use of quoting
and referencing. The song at the end was the only thing that really let it down,
you should of gone with something a bit more gothic, rather than what sounded like
a cross between the insane clown possie, so solid crew and a little vampire talk
thrown in. I liked the biting effect, reminded me of Adam Baldwins second bite in 'Vampires'.
Not bad at all for 20 quid!
Sledge Films Ltd, 'Independent film making since 2003'

www.RussDiaper.com

'This House is sacred to him, he has all his memories here, HIS RAGE!'
maj_barnes
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by maj_barnes »

It was pretty good. The camera movements following the vampire hunter were really good. The overall longshots that you used made it seem more like he was all alone. The repeated shot in the beginning was annoying but really good to show me that it was shocking to see her die.

One of the problem I had with it, was the dialogue's camera angles. They seemed to be very distant. I just thought it would have looked much better if it was much more closer to character to still have that "who the hell is this guy?" look. The lighting was really good, but I thought it should have been darkened a bit.

The bite at the end made me cover up my neck (I tend to do this), but it reminded me more of like a zombie more than a vampire. Don't vampires drink the blood? :)

I enjoyed it; good job.
Kentertainment
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Kentertainment »

I'm not one who's really into zombie/vampire/horror films but I'll still give you an evaluation.

The Good
-You used a tripod for most the shots! Many people who make movies on this forum forget how much a tripod can effectivly make your film better and it did, when you didn't use one the shots were more steady as well than many I see here.
-Your location was very well set for the genre, a mysterious tunnel with candles...very good.
-Lighting was also very good, in a dark tunnul and you still managed to give us a clear picture of what was going on.
-Acting...although short, the lines were very well given off.

The Bad
-I thought when the slayer is yelling and about to attempt to slay the vampire there could have been some music and if so, intense music.
-The credits song wasn't the best pick, it drew away from the genre with this upbeat old school rap song.
-The junk it pulls of the slayers neck was really stiff looking, if it were real skin it'd be a little more flexible.

On one more note, and this is just my opinnion, generally for a short film the credits shouldn't be as slow but that is mostly up to the person making it.

Keep making films, for a first short you did really well.
elusivepictures

thanks a lot for the feedback guys, really appreciated!

i've made another monster short which is nearly finished so i'll post that when its done.

nice one...
Zac
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Zac »

that was pretty good, except i thought the bit where they were talking was a bit slow.
i agree, the credits music was terrible.
I like you, when the world is mine, your death shall be quick and painless.
ipon70
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by ipon70 »

I thought you did a great job for a short.
I loved the dialogue or lines, they seemed very well written.
Liked the location you had, everything seemed pretty darn good to me.

Nothing really bad to say other then I would have liked to see a bunch of blood from his neck as the movie ended.
ipon70
www.nova-productions.com
www.lakesideentertainment.com

Latest Game [url=http://www.nova-productions.com/whack_a_bean.html]Whack-A-Bean[/url]
ctbullet
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by ctbullet »

hell yeh, i wanted more blood!!!
Our Combat Years: In production
[img]http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a69/ct_bullet/wolfvisionpbanner2.jpg[/img]
http://wolfvisionp.tripod.com
elusivepictures

thanks guys. cheers for watching

(just about to post my latest short)