How do i make see through glass?

Stunts and physical effects not involving computer generation

Moderators: Admin, Moderator Team

Meathead

How do i make see through glass?

Post by Meathead »

hi all, now i have made the glas according to the recipe on this site and it is awsome, only problem is it is brown :( i need t for a car window and it has t be see through, any ideas? i was thinkin of leaving out the golden syrup, would this work?
Starman

Post by Starman »

Use white corn syrup, that works for me!
Truth hurts. Maybe not as much as jumping on a bicycle with a seat missing, but it hurts.

Drebin, Naked Gun 2 1/2
Epsilon
Forum Master
Forum Master

Re: How do i make see through glass?

Post by Epsilon »

Meathead wrote:...would this work?
Experiment! Take chances! Don't worry, sugar glass won't explode on you! So dig in and try it out!

A potential pysical problem you may run into is that side car windows are tempered glass. Meaning they explode with an impact. You could try to use an actual window if you feel daring. But plastics can work well too.
I recommend for the see through you use the actual window, but before it is broken, cut to another angle with the replaced suger-glass window to be broken.
El Brenty

Post by El Brenty »

I'd try to find an intact spare glass window from a breaker's yard, and fit it into the car. When you hit a side window, it'll break into hundreds of little bits of glass. If you're wearing long sleeves, this should be ok, minimal risk. It helps if you can hit it with something that has a point. There's special hammers you can buy, which are supposed to be for emergency use for breakout of of the side of the car. These can be concealed in your hand quite well, or improvise, and use a large chunk of metal, so you have weight to follow through. Something like a large bolt that you can hide in your hand if you clench a fist should work a treat!
Moderating behind the bushes!
Twabi2
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by Twabi2 »

tempered glass should never hurt, so you can break real glass.
I once rubbed my hands with pieces glass, didn't hurt
Grant

Post by Grant »

remember it is not the smooth side that hurts you, it is the sharp edges :P :) :D
film fanatic
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by film fanatic »

I have jumped through normal glass before! Hurt a little bit, minimal damage.
pdj
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by pdj »

One of my friends made a movie where he was a 'Super man' type character-
What he did was secure a metal rod on the inside of his forearm with the end of the rod popping out between his index and middle finger- then they filmed it over his shoulder to hide the rod upon impact on the glass window- he punched it and it shattered the glass completely-looked amazing – take care if you try this
Epsilon
Forum Master
Forum Master

Post by Epsilon »

Also, car tires have steel wire inside them. So no worries about driving over broken tempered glass.