Force Field Clip, what do you think?

A general forum for all messages that don't quite fit into the other forums.

Moderators: Admin, Moderator Team

Carnage7p
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Force Field Clip, what do you think?

Post by Carnage7p »

i was going to use this in a short film, but not anymore. but i spent a lot of time on it. it is a force field. check it out. constructive criticism is appreciated.

if anyone tried to download earlier and it didn't work, there is a new and better link now.

http://12.22.230.41/MicroTech/Hosted/Fi ... eField.zip
Last edited by Carnage7p on Sun Feb 27, 2005 9:28 pm, edited 3 times in total.
ipon70
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

RE: WATCH! WATCH! - Stuff I have been working on

Post by ipon70 »

Not bad, pretty kewl stuff. I like to see what others can do because I haven't dev'd into that arena yet.

BTW your download came to me ay 72k second at 10:30pm pacific time.
ipon70
www.nova-productions.com
www.lakesideentertainment.com

Latest Game [url=http://www.nova-productions.com/whack_a_bean.html]Whack-A-Bean[/url]
lethelgirth87
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

RE: WATCH! WATCH! - Stuff I have been working on

Post by lethelgirth87 »

I didn't really understand what was going on, but it looked like some guy had a forcefield. Pretty sweet stuff. Keep up the good work.
"Prolly Just Film"
Carnage7p
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Carnage7p »

yeah it was supposed to be a force field. sorry about the download ipon. i'll see if the uploaders are back up so ppl can download faster. thanks the replies.

edit - i used an uploader now. the link should work a lot better.
mercenary123
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by mercenary123 »

sweet! pretty damn kool
[img]http://f5.putfile.com/6/16618192897.jpg[/img]
got lazy on the siggy...
ipon70
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by ipon70 »

Oh...no the download was fine. I was just letting you know what I got. Anythig around 50-100K a second seems fast enough to me, although I do love those 400+k a second ones :)
ipon70
www.nova-productions.com
www.lakesideentertainment.com

Latest Game [url=http://www.nova-productions.com/whack_a_bean.html]Whack-A-Bean[/url]
Carnage7p
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Carnage7p »

i think you mean kb. because 50-100k is really slow.
UFProductions
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by UFProductions »

How long have you been working with After Effects? (If that's what you used) Very good, in my opinion having the objects just stop and drop in mid-air would be more effective, but the force-field did look great.
Losing consciousness,
in the arms of an angel,
I find only peace.
reflexive_cinematics
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by reflexive_cinematics »

think you mean kb. because 50-100k is really slow.
huh? 50 - 100 K he said... kb stands for kilobytes.. K is even shorter for kb.

I think you meant 50 - 100 B as in Bytes... yeah, then that is slow..

But that forcefield is really cool.. reminds me of something I'd see on charmed.. on the WB. :lol: ahh.. rose mcgowan...alyissa milano... yum. haha
[url=http://www.reflexive-cinematics.com][img]http://reflexive-cinematics.com/images/sigbanner.jpg[/img][/url]
maj_barnes
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by maj_barnes »

Very cool, the only thing that was bad was that you could still see the shadow of the box, good luck with that!
Carnage7p
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Carnage7p »

removing the shadow of the box would be really easy, and i saw that but i had already spent a lot of time on this just for a test clip so i just left it in.
maj_barnes
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by maj_barnes »

It's not really that big of a deal either, at first I thought it was the shadow of the couch, but then I saw it move when it got hit; but still, a great video none the less.
2nd_Recon
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by 2nd_Recon »

Very nice force field

And very nice picture of what looks to be Kramer from Seinfeld :)
Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!

You don't need a parachute to go skydiving. You only need a parachute to go skydiving twice.
ChemicalShaman

Post by ChemicalShaman »

This looks really great, im really blown away by all the stuff that you have created so far.

Seeing your clips make me want to get into After Effects.

I downloaded the trial a while ago but gave up almost straight away because I found it a little bit complicated.

What is your experience with it, are you studying film makiing at uni or something? Did you buy a book on after effects? did you just read a lot of tutorials and help files or are you just really smart and have been playing with it for long time?

Seeing all the stuff that you have done with After Effects im definately going to try and get into it.

You know a lot of your effects would be perfect for some sort of DragonballZ movie :)
2nd_Recon
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by 2nd_Recon »

I would see a DBZ movie
Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!

You don't need a parachute to go skydiving. You only need a parachute to go skydiving twice.
maj_barnes
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by maj_barnes »

I hate that show; they stand there for like five minutes yelling, with "power" all around them, while some other guy is like: "NO WAY!" It's seems cool, for a while.
Carnage7p
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Carnage7p »

ChemicalShaman wrote:This looks really great, im really blown away by all the stuff that you have created so far.

Seeing your clips make me want to get into After Effects.

I downloaded the trial a while ago but gave up almost straight away because I found it a little bit complicated.

What is your experience with it, are you studying film makiing at uni or something? Did you buy a book on after effects? did you just read a lot of tutorials and help files or are you just really smart and have been playing with it for long time?

Seeing all the stuff that you have done with After Effects im definately going to try and get into it.

You know a lot of your effects would be perfect for some sort of DragonballZ movie :)
thank you, i was also overwhelmed with after effects at first. i did not follow a tutorial for any of the effects i have been making but i did learn through tutorials. i have only been using after effects for about 6 months, so give it a shot. my recommendations for getting started in after effects is try a lightsaber tutorial and cloning tutorial. that will help you learn the basics of masking, keyframes, and using solids.
I3lade203
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by I3lade203 »

Pretty cool stuff you got going there. Nice thinking with the cardboard box, and cool to show members how it was done. Aside from no sound ( Becuase that plays a HUGE role in the effect ) it seemed kind of "slugish." Not sure exactly how, but the force feild it's self didn't seem to have motion to it, just a big blue blob. If you could add some sort of staticyness to it, and then some sound of the force field comming up, static in the field, and the object being hit, I think it would look and sound a lot cooler. Good job, keep up the good work.
Sigs suck a**.
ChemicalShaman

Post by ChemicalShaman »

ok you've completely inspired me to reinstall after effects. Could you please point me in the direction of a good light saber tutorial, a cloning tutorial would be great also.

Carnage7p
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Carnage7p »

for those who are interested

Lightsaber tutorial done by Ryan W
http://www.fanfilms.co.uk/ryanw/ryan-w/ ... abers.html

Cloning tutorial done by Ken Lawton
http://www.durbnpoisn.com/films/clonetut/page1.asp
I3lade203
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by I3lade203 »

ChemicalShaman wrote:ok you've completely inspired me to reinstall after effects. Could you please point me in the direction of a good light saber tutorial, a cloning tutorial would be great also.

Your going about learning the program in the wrong way. Don't learn it by doing effects, learn the tequinques and tools of AE, THEN you will know how to do the effects, as well as be creative to create your own.
Sigs suck a**.
BrokenDreams

Post by BrokenDreams »

cool...