SOOPA professional script format

This forum is for the discussion of scripts and storyboards. Post your hints, tips or requests here.

Moderators: Admin, Moderator Team

mercenary123
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

SOOPA professional script format

Post by mercenary123 »

I'm going to try to write a movie based in the 1920s-1930s during prohibition, I'm gonna write it to be FULL-LENGTH. Then I'm gonna try to sell it, but i really really dought I will, but hey I can try.

Anyway, since yall know what I'll be tryin' to do, please SOMEONE, tell me EXACT PROFESSIONAL SCRIPT FORMAT.

Thank you all very much. :)
[img]http://f5.putfile.com/6/16618192897.jpg[/img]
got lazy on the siggy...
ALove
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by ALove »

[img]http://acemedia.sandfalls.com/banner.jpg[/img]
I3lade203
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by I3lade203 »

There you go. Movieman says it all. Learn it, eat it , breathe it, if your going to write.
Sigs suck a**.
mercenary123
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by mercenary123 »

ok, cool, thanks Alove, err...Movieman! :)
[img]http://f5.putfile.com/6/16618192897.jpg[/img]
got lazy on the siggy...
Themovieman44
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Themovieman44 »

Your avatar reminds me of your mom. You conservative piece of shite!!!!

I can't believe that piece of s*** actually wanted to run the country!! (i.e. Your Mom!!!!)

The professional script format is a very useful and well.....professional way of typing scripts. All kidding aside, organization is the key factor in any script. In my opinion this is the only way scripts should be written. Neat and tidy. Easier to navigate.

(Just playing with you. Everyone knows I am a communist bastard!!!!!)
I3lade203
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by I3lade203 »

Althougth I agree comepltly, I just would like to point out that it's not the end of the world if you choose not to write it exactly how it's done in hollywood. After all, ( Unless you plan on becoming a profesinal writer ) your just a teenager doing a fun project with some friends. Nobody will care that much if it's not in the format. Just thought I would point that out on the side, althougth I am for the pro format.
Sigs suck a**.
OutcastJiob
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by OutcastJiob »

Right, format isn't the single most important thing. I have draft scripts drawn out, and they look like nothing anyone except myself can read--but I always format when I get to the second or third draft, and I'd never dream of shooting something from my unorganized roughs. Formatting definitely helps, even though it's not the most important thing. So even if you're just a teenager making a movie for fun, it doesn't hurt to practice doing it "the right way" ^_^. Movieman's template is the perfect one, too. Exactly how it should be.

Cool to see that another teenager is working on writing "to-sell" scripts, Mercenary! I thought I was the only one and that it was due to my "geekiness". I guess not, yay!
People shouldn't be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.
foxwood
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by foxwood »

go with the format to the exact If your trying to sell it because, as a no-name that will be very importat, the readers have to be able to get through your script and finish it, the proper format makes it much easer to read. Once at a film camp, we were trying to figure out a short to do, and a guy brough up his script, I looked at it, and couldn't understand what was going on, I asked him to put it in proper format, he just looked at me and said why?