Idea For Another War Movie

This forum is for announcing and discussing your films.

Moderator: Moderator Team

=JDL=

Idea For Another War Movie

Post by =JDL= »

Ive been getting lots of ideas for a war movie that i want to make soon. I plan on doing either a WWII movie a Vietnam movie. Does anybody have any tips they'd like to give? This is my first war movie. Im am also looking for inexpenisve American and Nazi war clothes/uniforms.
Jowka

RE: Idea For Another War Movie

Post by Jowka »

ebay, dollar stores and fancy dress shops.

EEEEEEEEVERYTHING you need, lol.

There are loads of war5 movie posts, look around the physical effects/stunts forum and special fx forums especially
[url]http://www.jowka.com[/url]
Join Jowka now!
Gyro
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

RE: Idea For Another War Movie

Post by Gyro »

Are you planning on working hard on it and spending a few dollars, or do you want to rush it, get as cheap of costumes and as unrealistic storyplot as you can?
@seanbagley
=JDL=

Post by =JDL= »

I going to work hard on it, but i need a bunch of stuff anyway if its gonna come out to be atleast a decent movie in the end.
Lawriejaffa
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Lawriejaffa »

http://www.matthawkins.co.uk/forum/view ... sc&start=0

Hey there JD! Yeah well i think its safe to presume that whatever war movie u want to make, its going to be something you want to be some effort in :)

The thread ive put up there is a wee tutorial i wrote for historical accuracies and some suggestions for ww2 outfits, in particular germans, (others i think have expanded on the tutorial.)

Good luck on your movie war film, though why not consider perhaps a war that has not been cinematically 'as explored'

For example ww2 films and vietnam are quite saturated, (course if u love ww2 or vietnam history then ull want to make it set then anyway) but if ur trying to make a war movie per say.

Then i'd consider just some of the other conflicts that could be recreated in a short film, such as WW1, russian civil war, inscurrection against the AH Empire, or resistance against USSR in hungary 1950s (okay) some crazy suggestions BUT u could find that exploring a more unusual conflict gives ya

1 Easier access to costumes than u might think
2 Greater inspiration for an unusual story
3 Teach us something we don't know ;)

Good luck, if u need any help btw im happy too
Jasonrocks

Post by Jasonrocks »

Yea I'd love to see a ww1 movie. like lawriejaffe said, Do some other conflict you could try these aswell. Here are some ideas:

Spanish civil war 1936 - 1939(Many need civillian clothes. Spanish had really just weapons, no uniforms.)
Korean war
chinese-japan war 1937 - 1940(Long shot but..!)
russian-finalnd war 1939 - 1940( Mainly need russian stuff.)
Falklands war (Use sorta modern brit stuff.)
zulu war 1 and 2(Just need muskets and band uniforms. Just ask josh grosko who made 1812. Natives only needs spears, war paint and pants.)
Mars-earth war 3035-4012 (Just a joke.
Visits? That would indicate visitors!