Two new films

This forum is for announcing and discussing your films.

Moderator: Moderator Team

NGFilms03

Two new films

Post by NGFilms03 »

Over the past few months we've started shooting two new movies, EIGHT BALL and TOUGH WORLD. We plan to drop one and complete the other, but we're having some trouble deciding which.

Here's what we've shot on both films so far. They're just random scenes, so won't make much sense as far as storyline goes, but let me know what you think of each so we can decide which to finish off and which to can.

Here's TOUGH WORLD
http://rapidshare.de/files/11212194/TWsmall.wmv.html
The story of a lonely child who talks to the dead brother he never knew he had.

And this is EIGHT BALL
http://rapidshare.de/files/11213508/8Ba ... l.wmv.html
The story of a boy's descent into drug abuse, chronicalling the last few months before his death.
mr_humble_guy

Post by mr_humble_guy »

I was only able to download the first one "Tough World" (Rapidshare file limit...I have to wait an hour before I can download the second one).

Anyway, I thought it was really well done. The first thing that I noticed were that the cuts were good. I get so frustrated watching films on here where it cuts to someone who waits just a little too long to move or deliver their line. It really makes it look amateur. But your clip here seemed to move along very nicely. You took that little bit of extra time to make sure that everything flowed well together.

Unlike a lot of the films that I've seen on here, I was genuinely interested in watching more. I'm looking forward to downloading the other one.
Kentertainment
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Kentertainment »

Okay, I watched, "Tough World" but I'm at school and time is running short so I'm going to have to watch the other when I get home and then I'll comment on it.

Tough World
Wow, excellent! I haven't seen something pieced together so well since SgtPadrino's "Unforgiven" flick. The angles you used were unique and placed well, I mostly liked as he shut the garage and the camera was tilt as well as when he came home and walked up the stairs. It was edited very well, it flowed and it kept on flowing. Once he looked through his iPod I noticed Al Green, my iPod is sitting at my side, I picked it up and looked at surly enough Al Green, it was awesome (and yet I don't know why).

The music was good and workd with the begining (from Snatch, right?) but I think it should have faded when the teacher was talking, speaking of which I don't think the fade transition really worked. We have been seeing plain cuts throughout and then there was one fade transition which just didn't fit with me. Would you happen to be using a boom mic? There were just moments when the wind was heavily picked up and finally there was a moment when a truck drove past the camera, during the next angle you carried on the sound of the truck but instead of fading out it just stopped, make you sure you fix that if you choose to continue this film.

Well, NGFilms I think I can now add you to my GFE (Good Films Expectant) list. Good job and keep them coming.
mr_humble_guy

Post by mr_humble_guy »

Okay, I just watched EIGHT BALL, and I have a few thoughts.

1. I was a little confused as to what was going on. I know that you said they were just random scenes, which I believe is this one's downfall. The way you presented TOUGH WORLD drew me in so much more effectively.

2. Some of the cuts in the fighting scene needed to be a little bit sharper. It is like I was saying in my previous post about the actors waiting for the action. When the main actor knocks the knife away, he just waits to be punched in the face. Quicker cutting will make it look better. On the plus side, the elbow he delivers just before he knocks the drug dealer down looks good.

3. There was a problem with the camera angle near the end of the fight. When you can obviously see that the actors aren't hitting each other, you have to either reposition the actors or move the camera to block them.

4. There was a bad backlighting problem in the scene with the drug dealer. Either shut the blinds or bring some light in front of the actor. The same thing happened in the TOUGH WORLD near the end. Mind you, you could use this to your advantage if you purposely wanted to hide their face.

Anyway, my vote would be for TOUGH WORLD, but I wouldn't mind seeing both of them completed.
Kentertainment
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Kentertainment »

Eight Ball
This was also pieced very nicely. A few things I liked was the sped up shot as the main character eats as well as the constant unbluring shots. Once again with the fade transitions, this time they just didn't work right. The acting wasn't all that bad either, there was a part when a knife was held up to the main character in the kitchen, he didn't look very frightened. During the fight sequence some of the punching was a little too slow and it needed to be cut faster.

I enjoyed it too...depressing though. Anywho, I'd have to agree with Mr. Humble Guy and say I'd rather see "Tough World" finished, but both would be good.
freed

Post by freed »

What ever happend to LiVE?
NoRemorse

Post by NoRemorse »

Lack of interest. We sorta took a break from it for a couple of months and then started new flicks. And, for me as a writer, it was a really personal script based very much on a part of my live that has since passed. So in the end, we decided to kill it. You may see something like it made by us soon, though.
Ever Listen To K-Billy's Super Sounds of the Seventies?