Staff Test

All aspects of low budget special effects.

Moderators: Admin, Moderator Team

rhys
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Staff Test

Post by rhys »

Hey i have now made a staff test with 3 days experience. I edited the footage so it would combine with the song. I made it in Pinnacle Studio 9.0 SE which means that i cannot change the speed of the clip. I did not change the speed of any of it. This is my first night film, it had to be shot in slow shutter because of the fact that it was too dark. The slow shutter had brought out the move ment of light in the scene though. I think that the lighting makes it look like there is fire on the staff, but anyway. I further head of time apologise for the dog walking into the shots, she is really stupid and i suspect that she is retarted. Without anymore here is the link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDImPyta4yc
Please tell me what you think, but be nice.
Hide or fight for your life?
Bocca

RE: Staff Test

Post by Bocca »

Some of that was really good. Like the side on view where you can see the blur of the staff, looks real good.

Alot of it though was too dark and i couldnt really see what was going on, some good stuff there though.
Formerly Jowka

"If people looked at the stars every night, I bet they'd live differently"
ZombieKrieg2005

Post by ZombieKrieg2005 »

I have to say I thought it was good, it fit well with the music, although it did need to be better lit, I assume that a full staff fight will be coming up soon? I look forward to it...
http://lyssophobiaproductio.tripod.com/
Epsilon
Forum Master
Forum Master

Post by Epsilon »

Not quite what I'd expected. It just looked like a stick being spun around the whole time?
Headless_Duck_Productions

Post by Headless_Duck_Productions »

I didn't even think it looked like a staff. It looks like those string things with lights attached. Even if it was real... I didn't look real.
youngfilmmaker
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by youngfilmmaker »

I didn't even think it looked like a staff. It looks like those string things with lights attached. Even if it was real... I didn't look real.
I agree it didnt look real..
www.freewebs.com/skyrocketstudios

The majority of Americans - the ones who never elected you - are not fooled by your weapons of mass distraction.
-Michael Moore