War of the worlds scene.

This forum is for announcing and discussing your films.

Moderator: Moderator Team

F.F.F.

War of the worlds scene.

Post by F.F.F. »

This is a few shots from my war of the worlds movie for English class. We were very rushed because we have a week.Tell me what you think.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzjC2aE_2as
pdj
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

RE: War of the worlds scene.

Post by pdj »

Well done mate nice little piece.. I liked the running by the actors it was funny (was it meant to be?) and the stomping/sounds were good..
Here are a few things you could play up on

- The fat kid running is seriously funny and I think giving him a cream pie would be even better
- When the people 'explode' how bout inserting a laser type ZAP! before the explosion to give it more of a sci fi feel
- I liked the kids clothes left behind when he blew up do more with the kid holding his belongings in terms of facial expression
- I loved the cheesy moustache- I was waiting for it to fall on the ground after the character with it on exploded

Small changes that wouldn't take long to implement if you wish...
Good luck!
Ornsack

Post by Ornsack »

I like the way you seemed to forget to put the pods in, or whatever they were called :D
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=loFABl-1Zcw]THE SALESMAN - YouTube[/url]
DarkElastic
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by DarkElastic »

!!!TRIPODS!!!
O. M. G.

Orkney Movie Group
www.orkneymoviegroup.co.uk
Ornsack

Post by Ornsack »

I wrote that as I woke. Ignore me.
F.F.F.

Post by F.F.F. »

1.The fat kid was me. That's rude man, real rude.
2.There is a zap but I need to adjust sound levels obviously.
3.The Tripods are coming later, this is a ROUGH CUT.
$. It's meant to be funny, did you like the asian guy with the cool hat? It was his idea.
Thank you very much gang, I greatly appreciate it, I'll fix errors and repost.
pdj
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Post by pdj »

Well i could just the same argue that your stereotype of asians by having him wear a typically stereotypical rice field hat is racist but I'm not a w*nker like yourself- Loose some weight and it wont be as funny
maj_barnes
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by maj_barnes »

Okay, me and a friend watched this together (we both love War of the Worlds). This is what he said:

"That was cr**. Why the hell is there fire? Was there fire in the movie? Where's the tripods? Where's the lasers? He spent a week on this? How many seconds out of each day did he spend on this? I don't even do special effects and I know it looks like cr**."

My suggestion:
Get on a green/blue screen and record some clothes flying up in the air. Instead of fireballs: use like the cannon explosions from Detfilms and colorize them a bit for a gray color: spped up the first second of them then slow the rest down. I thought the hat was funny, the guy picking up the kid was funny, the high shot was pretty good (for a second I saw a shadow which I thought was the tripod).
Kentertainment
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Re: RE: War of the worlds scene.

Post by Kentertainment »

maj_barnes wrote:Okay, me and a friend
Correction: "My friend and I"

Just playing with you.

Anywho, I pretty much agree with Barnes.
maj_barnes
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

RE: Re: RE: War of the worlds scene.

Post by maj_barnes »

I don't think I could ever be THAT blunt. It was actually pretty funny listen to him ramble on about it.
F.F.F.

Post by F.F.F. »

No, I think your friend miss understood, This Is one scene and I edited this In like 10 minutes, I just wanted to see what you guys think. I have the Tripods, I'm just showing you the live action parts. I wasn't trying to make a racial slure by the hat thing, In the book the narrorator describes someone he sees running and thats how he describes him. Take up your complaints with H.G. Wells. In the book, the heat ray is described as fire and smoke and explosions. And as for pdj, you are such an a**, what is your problem, Even if I do't care what you say about my weight, someone else may someday. What a douche.
DarkElastic
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Re: RE: War of the worlds scene.

Post by DarkElastic »

maj_barnes wrote:Okay, me and a friend watched this together (we both love War of the Worlds). This is what he said:

"That was cr**. Why the hell is there fire? Was there fire in the movie?.
War of the Worlds began with a book by H. G. Wells. Then became a great musical. I would look up how they described the heat ray and ignore anything Idiotberg and Cruise did with it, as the film they created was extremely lazy and cr**!! The Tripods were nice though. But, as the heat ray was invisible in the Book, people did just explode into flames. They did not blow up though.
O. M. G.

Orkney Movie Group
maj_barnes
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Post by maj_barnes »

War of the Worlds began with a book by H. G. Wells. Then became a great musical. I would look up how they described the heat ray and ignore anything Idiotberg and Cruise did with it, as the film they created was extremely lazy and cr**!! The Tripods were nice though. But, as the heat ray was invisible in the Book, people did just explode into flames. They did not blow up though.
Like I said: he's a WotW fanboy.

But did oes look like you took it from movie with the clothes. You know?
Ornsack

Post by Ornsack »

The musical is amazing! I listened to it loads when I was a kid.

I'm at a bit of a loss as to why a small scene with no pods on was stuck on here! Surely the finished article would have been better?
DarkElastic
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Re: RE: Re: RE: War of the worlds scene.

Post by DarkElastic »

maj_barnes wrote:But did oes look like you took it from movie with the clothes. You know?
Yea, it does seem to be mixed up as to what version it is being faithful to. I look forward to seeing what he has made for tripods.
O. M. G.

Orkney Movie Group
F.F.F.

Post by F.F.F. »

Sorry I never saw the spielburg film, I decided not to. But I think I will after I finish mine. I think you'll like the tripods.